TNAS F4-220 hd led lights off

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
doriaandre

TNAS F4-220 hd led lights off

Post by doriaandre »

hi I had to go back to the TOS 5.0.176 (x.86) version to have the lights on on the hds you try them all clean installation with update but how do I install the versions from TOS 5.1.24 to TOS 5.1.34 all work perfectly tos operational but these lights do not turn on as if changing the kernel creates this annoying bug at least for me very strange but it was right that you knew
alienhotrod1995

Re: TNAS F4-220 hd led lights off

Post by alienhotrod1995 »

I am having the same issue with my F5-422. Though I went in a round about way to get there. I upgraded from 5.0176 -> 5.1.24 and it caused my system not to boot. Later I found out about the 2GB partition limit from when I was on 4.x.x caused this. I had to do a clean install(Formatting the drives with windows) and installing 5.1.24 with a clean installation. The NAS is back up now by the HDD lights are not working. I guess there is an issue in 5.1.24 I guess.
doriaandre

Post by doriaandre »

updated to TOS 5.1.67 (X86) I was hoping that this bug had been resolved but nothing to do the hd spies continue to stay off the nas works well installed without problems now I have been using terramaster for years the HD spies still stay off I will return to the version 5.0.167 nas model F2-422 I changed the hds as well I put 2 2tb samsung ssds nothing after 5.0.176 lights off but I tell you if terramaster breaks down I will never buy it +
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, I hope everything is fine with you.
We speculate that this may be the reason why you are unable to use the newer TOS5 version normally.
Please refer to this:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doriaandre

Post by doriaandre »

the issue is not the 8gb 2gb partition, here we don't mention that the installation is not successful with the latest version of TOS 5.1.176 everything works properly but this bug after they changed the kernel from version 5.0.176 then this happens to me hd led off but nas work 100%
For those like me who have this problem, the HD LEDs are turned off and will remain off for at least 2 years until the next kernel update. What can I say, Linux is Linux