Possible hardware upgrade?

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Hitori

Possible hardware upgrade?

Post by Hitori »

I have F2-423 and I was wondwring if it's possible to buy only disk drives board as I would like to upgrade from 2 to 4 disk drives? I would then transfer all the hardware to new, custom made case of course.
crisisacting

Re: Possible hardware upgrade?

Post by crisisacting »

Hitori wrote: 17 Feb 2023, 11:28 I have F2-423 and I was wondwring if it's possible to buy only disk drives board as I would like to upgrade from 2 to 4 disk drives? I would then transfer all the hardware to new, custom made case of course.
Doubt there's an official way to purchase the ASMedia PCIe custom made boards that Terra-Master uses; buying a defective unit off the secondhand market is probably the least expensive way to obtain one.

It should be a drop-in replacement; have a F4-220 that came with the F5 backplane (there seems to be a batch of these that made it to market) & the 5th connector is fully functional (am using it for SSD caching).

The motherboards on the 423 series should all be the similar, beyond some that have a Celeron N5095 versus a Celeron N5105 SoC; the UEFI BIOS product ID would differ due to the expansion bay difference (F2, F4, F5).

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”