I've got a F2-423 installed with:

1 x 4GB original TM RAM
1 x 512GB Samsung 980 NVME SSD
1 x 256GB Samsung NVME SSD
2 x 8TB HGST He8 Enterprise SATA drives

Volume 1 is 512GB Samsung 980NVME SSD
Volume 2 is 2 x 8TB HGST He8 in RAID1
HyperCache is 256 GB Samsung NVME SSD for Volume2

When the unit is idle it hangs after a couple of hours, it doesn't respond to ping and need manually poweroff and poweron.
While in this non responding state, all LEDS do work (LAN, HDD1, HDD2) and I hear disk activity.
Same happends if I reboot rhough TOS, systeem get inresponsive to ping/web/ssh and needs manually poweroff and poweron.

I've started fresh 3 times now, have awaited RAID sync for 12 hours, copy my files for 6 hours and after that I don't get it to run stable, I tryed also without the NVME SSD's. Disks come from my F5-220 and where in a RAID5 before without problems.

What can be the case?
titanrx8

Re: Random unresponsive, needs power off button

Post by titanrx8 »

Following because my f2-221 does this also. It's intermittent. Can happen once in a month or a couple times in a week. I run no apps at all. This is just a network drive for my PCs and tablets.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MooieBoot

Which volume is your system default volume? is the RAID 1 of 8TB sync complete? if not, wait for the sync to complete.
To troubleshoot, try remove your hyper case and 2 8TB drives, only keep the 512GB SSD running.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
MooieBoot

Post by MooieBoot »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MooieBoot
TMroy wrote: 17 Dec 2022, 12:45 Which volume is your system default volume? is the RAID 1 of 8TB sync complete? if not, wait for the sync to complete. To troubleshoot, try remove your hyper case and 2 8TB drives, only keep the 512GB SSD running.
System volume is Volume 1 with the 512GB NVME SSD, because I hoped that Volume 2 would be able to hibernate the disks (which also doesn't work at the moment). Yes RAID sync is complete ofcourse With hyper case you mean HyperCache? The thing is, if I power the device off through TOS web interface, it doesn't poweroff and hangs and I don't want data loss. The same is when I eject live drives.