F2-223 no „sleep mode“

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Daver

F2-223 no „sleep mode“

Post by Daver »

Hello all,

i am working on setting up my first Terramaster NAS and experiencing the following Problem:

As far as I has experienced it from other brands, the NAS is going into a sleepmode after some time it is not used. My Terramaster NAS is running now for about 6 days and has never gone into „sleepmode“. As far as I can tell my HDDs are running 24/7 even if i am not working on the NAS for several hours. Also the fan is running all the time and never throttled down or completely shut of. This morning after about 12 hours of absolutely not using it and no device was connected i still can hear the HDDs working and the fan is running with about 1100 rpm.

My device is a F2-223 running on TOS 5.0.176. So far it is pretty much in start configuration with no major changes. I put 2 HDDs in, which are new and has no data on it (with exemption of a few PDFs for testing). I have installed no services so far. The fan is set to „smart fan“ and the HDDs to sleep after 30 minutes.

Has anybody any idea what can cause this problem?
Thanks for your help
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-223 no „sleep mode“

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Daver

Post by Daver »

Thanks for your help, but i knew already this List and i do not find anything which is causing my Problem:

The HHDs are new, no files on it, running for 5 days now, no Problems with the HDDs are indicated in TOS.
As I have told there are no Applications installed on the NAS so far, so this should also be no reason.
For services: Only SMB/AFP is activated. But even when any connected PC is shut down, the NAS do not enter the sleep Mode. I have already disconnected from the Network and the HDDs and fan were still running over 8 hours.

Any other advice? Thanks for your help.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

You can try logging in to SSH and typing the following command to check whether the hard drive supports hibernation.

Code: Select all

ls /dev/sd*
Check the hard disk
/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda3 /dev/sda4,

hdparm -y /dev/sda
If the following output is supported,
/dev/sda:
issuing standby command
If you see similar output, you are not supported:
/dev/sda:
issuing standby command
SG_IO: bad/missing sense data, sb[]: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
You can also try the following command:

hdparm -C /dev/sda
Checks whether the hard disk is hibernated

smartctl -i -n standby /dev/sda
Checks whether the hard disk is hibernated
If you can't find the cause after multiple checks, you can contact us for a remote check.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)