F2-210 Beeping and Shutting down

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Joshtech

F2-210 Beeping and Shutting down

Post by Joshtech »

Hi,

I purchased a F2-210 NAS from TerraMaster on Amazon.com.au nearly 2 years ago. Everything has been fine up until today where the unit just sits there, beeps a few times and then shutsdown for a few minutes then starts back up again only to beep and shutdown again unable to boot into OS.. Attempting to start the NAS without drives also results in the same beeps

I've checked all vents for any obstructions of dust which isn't the case is is quite clean.

I'm at a loss here as it was heavily relied on for work purposes and don't know how I can resolve this.

Model: F2-210
Serial Number: 200304097
Hard Drives: 2x 2TB Western Digital Red
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-210 Beeping and Shutting down

Post by TMroy »

The power button is faulty, please contact our service team for warranty service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Re: F2-210 Beeping and Shutting down

Post by titanrx8 »

The same thing just happened this afternoon with my f2-221. I heard beeps from the other room and walked in to see that one of my f2-221's had beeped and turned off. Then, before I could pull the power cord out, it beeped and restarted. I pulled the disk drives while it was powered down so they wouldn't get fried from the cycling. Hopefully they aren't already damaged.

I gave it some time to cool down if necessary and plugged it back into power and pressed the power button but no repsonse at all. I don't believe the machine was attacked because my firewall shows that all communication in and out has been successfully blocked which is the normal rule for this unit.

The power button is bad? How can that be? I rarely power cycle manually so it shouldn't be worn out. Is the power button user replaceable?