TERRAMASTER F5-221 keeps rebooting

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Finalunity

TERRAMASTER F5-221 keeps rebooting

Post by Finalunity »

My F5-221 has been running for a couple of years now without a single problem and in the last few days it keeps rebooting every few minutes. I'm able to check TOS and see that drives are fine and there's no other hardware errors so I'm wondering if this could be a hardware issue.
I primarily use this box for Plex for my audio and video media so nothing crazy. The hard drives are four WD 4T Red drives and I've tested each one so no issues there.
I've removed the drives and it continues to do the same thing so I'm kind of at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TERRAMASTER F5-221 keeps rebooting

Post by TMSupport »

Please provide the serial number of the device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Finalunity

Post by Finalunity »

TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We initially suspect that the unknown process may restart TNAS due to an unknown error within a few minutes.
In order to verify whether it is a hardware problem, please try to boot TNAS without inserting any hard disk and keep the boot system running. Wait about a long time to see if TNAS automatically restarts.
a. If it does not restart automatically, it indicates that the problem is on the system or hard disk;
b. If automatic restart also occurs, please restart your hard disk, collect a log and download it within a few minutes, take out the "device. log" and send it to our technical support mailbox.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Finalunity

Post by Finalunity »

Booted without any drives in the system and it beeps a couple of times and the lights are on but I can't get the TOS page to load to collect the logs. After a few minutes of being turned on it beeps again and shuts off.

Will I loose my data if I can't get the box back up?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Your device has a hardware failure, please contact our service team for warranty service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)