F5-420 5 red HD Leds no beeping

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Bernhard.Wuest

F5-420 5 red HD Leds no beeping

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Hello all,
not sure what to do. After returning from 2 weeks travel I recognized the NAS to be stalled. Nothing worked so I switched it off and back on again. No all HDs are spinning but red and only the power led is green.
I removed the HDs as suggested but no change. I installed a Ubunto and used the procedure to burn a new USB Flash. I think I got it right. I used a new USB Stick for it to prevent the original to be modified. But after inserting the same issue.
Not sure what to do now.
Need urgent help to fix this please.
Bernhard.Wuest

Re: F5-420 5 red HD Leds no beeping

Post by Bernhard.Wuest »

Hello Bernhard again,

support figured out that my F5-420 is damaged and offered a F5-422 to buy as an exchange as the F5-420 is out of production. Can someone help me to understand how I can get my old F5-420 RAID 5 System into the new F5-422 working without losing data please.
I am not so sure on the exact procedure that is needed to be able to do that.
Do I insert the discs before the first startup and the unit will find the system from the old F5-420 or do I need to start the new one first initialize and then insert the discs.
I am sort of nervous about to lose the data and would appreciate any help along the way.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F5-420 5 red HD Leds no beeping

Post by TMSupport »

Plug the hard drives into the device and then power it on.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)