Auto Power On

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
scotty38

Auto Power On

Post by scotty38 »

Hi All,

I have an F2-221 and the Auto Power On does not appear to work.

I am running TOS 4.2.39 and have Auto Power On Enabled and NO Power On/Off schedule. I have tried with Wake On LAN enabled and Disabled and that makes no difference. If I lose power I have to power the device back on manually every time.

Any thoughts please?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Auto Power On

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}scotty38
Under normal circumstances, if the automatic power-on plan is enabled and the power-on time is set, the set power-on time will automatically power on. If you power off, the set power-on time will automatically power on after the power is turned on. However, if the power-off time is too long, will definitely work
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with my issue. I said I am not using any power schedules. I am speaking about the device NOT powering up automatically after a power FAILURE. My NAS is configured to recover after such an event but it is not doing so.

I hope that helps, kind regards.....
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Any more thoughts please?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

This issue has not been found in our labs. How did you power off the device?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

As I have mentioned already this is under power failure conditions so I am not powering it off on purpose. However it is not powering back on when power is restored as it should do and as it is configured to do so.
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Anything please?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

This issue may be related to the BIOS. Please shut down the TNAS, unplug all hard drives, and turn it on. You will see the bios version at the bottom of the page, please provide it to us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Is the only way to do this by plugging in a monitor etc?
scotty38

Post by scotty38 »

Anyway, I tried that and I see no indication of the bios version at all. I just see it boot to a prompt, is that what I should see?