Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Post by TMSupport »

Unable to enable Plex in TOS 5.0.126 has been fixed, please update plex.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

Pleased to report that the plex update to 1.27.1.5916 from the TOS5 console (app centre, plex) has fixed the issue, thanks!
Unfortunately the dreaded "Tips" message still appears if I apply a shut down task in control panel, hardware & power, power).

I updated TOS to 5.0.126 and Plex still works but the Tips message wouldnt go away despite several restarts.
What I had to do was open the console using a firefox browser and executed the (firefox) built in web developer tools. From here I deleted the layer belonging to the Tips popup message. Once I resterted the message appeared again though so theres something also going wrong in the HTML or java code in TOS5.
I therefore deleted the popup layer using firefox and then removed the power on and shut down tasks. I then applied the power on task only and that worked (no tips message). Then I applied the shut down task and the tips message appeared again.
Ive since gone through deleting the Tips popup layer, removed the power down task and now its working.
The Tips shutting down message issue is therefore related to adding a shut down task only.

Can someone therefore look into the original reason for logging this ticket which is the Tips error message related to power shut down tasks please?
Definitley some html / java code issue here.
I have to manually shut the TNAS down which is no pain but would prefer an automated scheduled task so I dont leave the TNAS running all night.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}21alpha

Please check if your PC time is big different from the time on your TNAS system, if yes, please correct it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

both are in sync on London time
The error is something on the TNAs not a PC, laptop etc...
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}21alpha

I did not tell something wrong with your PC, please check if your tnas time is wrong, if yes, just update or correct it. We will also fix this issue in the coming update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

sorry for the delay in responding. Both were in sync at the time. I have just updated TOS to 5.0.128 today. Should I try applying the power down scheduled task?
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

correction, ive since updated to TOS 5.0.129
Should I try the power down scheduled task now?
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

[at=TMroy post_id=19490 time=1656767365 user_id=1656][/at]
great work! I updated to 5.0.129 and enabled and applied the power down scheduled task and did not receive the dreaded "Tips" message.
I can now automatically power up and shitdown my TNAS at scheduled times.
thanks!
Can you update plex now please? latest is :D :D PlexMediaServer-1.27.2.5929-a806c5905-x86_64.tpk