Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
21alpha

Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Post by 21alpha »

Hi
Since TOS5 update to my F2-421 NAS device I applied showtdown and power up schedule. The TNAS unexpectidley shut itself down and now I am unable to access the desktop interface. I can login to the TNAS successfully but am unale to click on anything on the desktop. I have force restarted the TNAS and have cleared histroty from my browser and have tried different browsers but I cannot get passed the message on the desktop screen "Tips the device is shutting down"
Please see attached file.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.47.45.jpg
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Unable to use the TOS5 desktop

Post by TMroy »

Try 5.0.125, and let us know if the issue persists.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

Hi
I am using the latest firmware 5.0.125
The same issue was logged by another user here
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3371&p=19363#p19363

I simply cannot do anything with the desktop

please advise
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

when you see this tips, your tnas has actually shut down or not?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

no. What happened was I updated to TOS 5.0.125 and then set a power shutdown and power startup schedule. The TNAS then automatically shutdown without me actually shutting down the system. When the system powered up and I logged in to the desktop and the message was on screen "Tips The device is shutting down".
Ive tried different browsers, cleared cache, history etc.. but when I login to the desktop the message is still there. It cannot be dismissed and I cannot click on anything on the TNAS desktop.
I have to say after having no issues with TOS 4x, this TOS5 has more holes in it than a T-Bag, its shocking, full of issues.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Do not worry, most of issues will be fixed within 1~2 weeks.

May I know what time you set to schedule power on/off, and what time it actually power on/off? if you press the power button to power it off manually and power it on again, does this issue still persists?
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

shutdown at 23.59hrs and startup at 08.00hrs. Powered down around 12.30hrs today.
Ive powered the device off 3 times but still the same issue
Can login to the desktop fine but the tips message is still there, cannot be dismissed and I am unable to click or open anything on the TNAS desktop.
In another thread someone else reported the same issue and they were able ti fix it by updating the firmware. I am on th elatest firmware though and dont know how I oculd update to a later version once released if I am unable to do anything on the desktop.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

we will send you a guide to collect some logs and information for us to study tomorrow.
21alpha

Post by 21alpha »

thanks
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Can you now use your computer to map shared folders or log in using ssh?
How to log in using ssh: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2350
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)