Need TOS iso for new USB thumb drive.

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Moistenbink

Need TOS iso for new USB thumb drive.

Post by Moistenbink »

Hello, I had my TNAS running smoothly until the recent ransomware attack, I lost all my media files and my TOS install was corrupted and I tried to reinstall. However, it didn't go to plan as the internal USB drive with TOS failed. I have tried to install TOS onto a new USB but the install instruction involve Virtual drives with Linux installed and that is way beyond my my skill set.

What I am looking for is a TOS disk image or iso that I can put on the new USB. Does anyone have or can anyone make one? I'm at a loss as any other replacement OS's seem all to involve Linux.

BTW I have tried to contact support but it was like pulling teeth, the kept sending me a link to the update reinstall page in the FAQ. Then eventually they just stopped replying to my emails.

Help me Obi wan Kenobi, you're my only hope....

Thanks.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Need TOS iso for new USB thumb drive.

Post by TMzethar »

HI.
Can you enter the initialization interface when you start the NAS as an empty NAS without inserting any hard drives?

Here is the instructions for making a USB boot system, is that what you need?
https://download2.terra-master.com/inst ... il_en.docx
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Moistenbink

Post by Moistenbink »

Hello, No the USB is not working. Yes i have seen the document and am amazed and baffled to think that you consider it a reasonable solution to this problem. I am looking for a solution that does not involve me having to learn how to use Linux in even a rudimentary fashion.

Please help, perhaps you could send me a replacement USB with TOS already installed?
Moistenbink

Post by Moistenbink »

I've managed to fumble through the install document. Problem resolved.