How do i Factory reset a F2-221?

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Darwin4Ever

How do i Factory reset a F2-221?

Post by Darwin4Ever »

Question was already asked in viewtopic.php?t=2899 but the answer was not related to the question.

I also want to know how to proceed to do a complete Factory Reset of the F2-221.
The result should be : setup of the NAS as if is a new device installed for the first time.

Thank you
crisisacting

Re: How do i Factory reset a F2-221?

Post by crisisacting »

Darwin4Ever wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 03:19 I also want to know how to proceed to do a complete Factory Reset of the F2-221.
The result should be : setup of the NAS as if is a new device installed for the first time.
Start it up with no drives, then once the LAN LED is active, slide in an unformatted HDD/SSD into one of the bays (or populate both) and use TNAS PC to find the NAS on your network.

Access its IP through your browser & follow the wizard.

Since there are no pre-existing volumes on the drive(s), it will setup as new.
Darwin4Ever

Post by Darwin4Ever »

Ok, thank you. That explains why there is no reset-buttton. It's sort of regular pc architecture.

If I understand it correctly, the OS is installed on the HDD and that there is nothing in flash device-memory ?
Does this also mean I could have a HDD-set with TOS4 and another set (for testing) with TOS5 ?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Yes, you can, when you want to use which kind of system, you can insert the corresponding hard disk to boot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)