F2-220 replacement?

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
rpitt

F2-220 replacement?

Post by rpitt »

My f2-210 has failed. See "F2-210 Lan light off no connection and support." in Networks for info.

If I order a new F2-220 will I be able to just plug in my drives and run with it. Is there anything I need to setup with the existing installed TOS software on my desktop?

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-220 replacement?

Post by TMroy »

Just because the F2-210 arm instruction set, so you need to choose the same series if you plan to order a new device. At the moment, another F2-210 is your only choice if you want to use current drive and the OS on it.

By the way, F2-220 has been EOL for years, so If you want to replace with a x.86 model, you may consider its following generation F2-221.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rpitt

Post by rpitt »

My mistake this was a typo. My failed unit is a F2-220 RAID 1 system. If I get a new F2-220 or F2-221 will I be able to plug in my current drives without losing data? Will my current installed TOS software work as is?

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Yes. Both F2-220 and F2-221 are x.86 architecture, you can buy a new F2-221 to replace F2-220.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rpitt

Post by rpitt »

Thanks. Can you please answer the other part of the question.
rpitt

Post by rpitt »

Also related to the previous questions. I've read the F2-221 uses the Btrfs file system. My F2-220 drives mounted in Ubuntu shows them as EXT4. Is this a problem?
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello, when you replace the hard disk with the same type of device, the TOS system you installed can work normally.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
rpitt

Post by rpitt »

I purchased a replacement F2-221

I plugged it in and inserted my old drives. LAN light is blinking Green not steady. My network sees the device with the name TNAS-220rp (my old device name) It however will not let me log in with my old credentials.
Downloaded TOS Pc for this unit. It wants to initialize (Sees the device with a new name) (enter admin (new password) from scratch and create a raid 1 which shows the drives with 1 TB free space. This looks like it will it will format the drive and I will lose my data.

The TOS initialization screen gives you a chose of Automatic or Custom initialization. Clicking custom says it will delete the data on the drive, proceed or cancel.

Please advise me to what steps need to be taken to use my old drives and not lose my data.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 5.16.54 PM.png
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}rpitt
Since the architecture of F2-220 and F2-221 is the same, as long as your hard disk is healthy, only your system configuration will be deleted here, but data will not be deleted, but since your initialization system is too old, please follow this Gradually upgrade: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=921 . If you encounter problems, please contact technical support or ask for support from the official website customer service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @: