TNAS unresponsive

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
gcb

TNAS unresponsive

Post by gcb »

I am having a repetitive problem. My NAS becomes unresponsive, and I can't restart it or power it off. I unplug the power and wait for it to power back up. When I try to login, it says that the file system is being checked and may take several hours. The first time it did this, last week, I noticed that the lights on drive 3 and 4 were off. I had to pull power that time also.
Question; would you suspect an issue with the drive that has the OS on it? I have all drives used as a storage space. 3, 4TB and 1 6TB drives. It is an F4-210. Would my process be to backup the configuration, if I can, and reinstall the OS. Would an issue with any of the drives cause this? Would a bad block test be helpful? They all appear as "good" after it comes back up.
If I try to reinstall the OS, will it contaminate the data on my other drives, which make up the storage space?
Thanks,
Greg
TM-Allen
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS unresponsive

Post by TM-Allen »

Hello.If the file system is repaired during startup, the file system may be abnormal or the hard disk may be faulty due to abnormal power failure.What is your TOS system version? It is recommended that you update to the latest version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gcb

Re: TNAS unresponsive

Post by gcb »

Thanks for the response. I ended up reinstalling the OS and had to rebuild my drives. All data was backed up so no data loss just my time...😁