F4-220 won't turn on

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
eapolinario

F4-220 won't turn on

Post by eapolinario »

Hi, how can I debug a F4-220 that will not turn on? I connect the charger to the unit, I see the green light on the charger, but the F4-220 does not emit any sound.

thanks.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-220 won't turn on

Post by TMSupport »

Please unplug all hard disks, press the power button, after that, can you hear beeps, whether the power light and LAN light are on, can the TNAS PC search for the device IP?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eapolinario

Post by eapolinario »

Thank you for your reply.

I should have been more specific. The unit itself is not turning on, even after I unplug the hard disks.
eapolinario

Post by eapolinario »

Just to complement what I said: I don't hear any noise coming from the unit, regardless of whether the hard disks are connected or not.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please try to clear the CMOS to see if it can work, if not, it should be a hardware problem, please contact our after-sales team.
Clear CMOS method:
Please disassemble your TNAS and follow the steps below to clear the CMOS on the battery.
Unscrew the screws on the back of the unit, take off the motherboard, take out the battery, then hold down the poles of the battery with a metal material like tweezers for about 5-10 seconds, then put the battery back, assemble the device and install your hard drive and try again once.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eapolinario

Post by eapolinario »

I finally managed to try the CMOS method, unfortunately the unit still does not turn on.

You mentioned I should contact the after-sales team. How can I do that?

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You can find the contact email from my signature.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)