Hard Disk Failure and Replace Existing Hard Disk

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
mainak

Hard Disk Failure and Replace Existing Hard Disk

Post by mainak »

Hi All,

I will need urgent help. I am using TNAS Terramaster F2-220 with 2 X 6TB WD NAS hard disk. However, 2 days ago one of the hard disks was giving loud whining noise and since then it died. Both the Hard Disk was configured with RAID 1.
I had tried removing the hard disk and reinserting but initially, there was a red light and after that, there was no red light at all. So I have left with only one hard disk now which shows green status. So my HDD 1 is no longer working and HDD2 is good one.

However when I go to TNAS to login I am being taken to the TNAS Initialisation page and it successfully detects only 1 hard drive which is HDD2. It doesn't detect the faulty one HDD1. I don't want to proceed with the Initialisation since it might delete all the data from the good hard disk HDD2.

Can anyone please help me how I can recover the data from the second hard disk? I am really worried that my critical data is not damaged and I can recover the data from the good hard disk.

Any help will be appreciated.
:cry:
Thank you.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: Hard Disk Failure and Replace Existing Hard Disk

Post by TMRyan »

You can try booting with only HDD2 plugged in. If you successfully enter the system, you can turn off the buzzer at the top right corner of the TOS desktop, and then use a new hard drive for array repair.

How to fix it: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1545
If access is not possible, you can contact our support team to help you check remotely.

How to detect old hard drives: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=1125
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)