F5-221 - Constant re-initialization loop

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
cpradio

Re: F5-221 - Constant re-initialization loop

Post by cpradio »

Restarted the initialization process and it seems to be stuck at 93% again... Its been there for a couple of hours now with no noticeable movement and no sounds coming from the NAS (as if it is trying to do anything)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi! Please try to install the system with another hard drive with Low-level formatting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cpradio

Post by cpradio »

Not even going to bother anymore. I'm pretty sure this thing is done for. Even without a hard drive in it, it won't connect to the network anymore. I'm done playing with, just going to bury it in the backyard at this point.
cpradio

Post by cpradio »

Final follow-up, got my new F5-221 yesterday, installed the hard drives from the bad NAS into the new one, everything went smoothly. Initialization to setup, all complete. Setup a rsync task to transfer the files onto the new RAID5 array with a hot spare and now the data is replicated.

I got the USB Thumbdrive today as well, installed it in the BAD NAS and it still fails to do anything. Oh and I bought a 4 year warranty so when this goes belly up in a year, I'll just get it replaced.

Either way, that pretty much sums up it is a hardware issue and not software or the storage (hard drives).