Disgusting support

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
nikwak

Disgusting support

Post by nikwak »

I have now been without my unit (F4-220) for over 3 months. I have had badly written instructions on what I should be doing. I have had emails talking in technical language I simply don't understand. I am NOW being blamed for installing a new USB in the wrong way. I literally have been left with an email that simply ends 'I am sorry to leave you with a bad experience' - that's it! Nothing more - nothing about maybe having a new motherboard sent, doing something to help purchase a new unit since their support for so bad - nothing. They literally lay the blame for their product not working at the customer's feet.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Disgusting support

Post by TMroy »

Sorry, not really understand what are you talking about. Why do you need to install a new USB? What happened to your original USB? When did you purchase your F4-220? From my knowledge, this model has been ended of life for more than two years.

Did the tech team give you the wrong instruction to burn and install a new USB? What are you blaming? Is it because they didn't give you a new motherboard? what is your name and email address, i will check with them about the whole story. Thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

I was told I needed to install a new USB drive. They sent me one. The instructions sent on the email were not straightforward - I am not technically minded. So I did nothing with it in case I made a mistake. I asked for a technician to contact me and after a problem they contacted me and gave me instructions on what to do - which I followed. I am now being told it is my fault as I didn't install the new USB properly, even though I was following the instructions by the technician. It has taken 3 months now with lost data to get to the point where they are offering me £50 off a F5-221 - which I cannot afford. I bought this unit in November 2019. Basically if they could supply me with a motherboard for the unit then hopefully that would work. I can just about afford to buy a F2-210 but I don't know how I would get the info from my 4 hard drives on to the 2 of that unit. My name is Nick Wakeham and email address is nick@7leggate.co.uk. Thank you for your help - any help would be greatly appreciated
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hi, your previous machine F4-220 is an X86 machine, and F2-210 is an arm machine. The original hard disk cannot be used on an arm machine. You need at least a four-bay x86 machine, and then Put the hard disk in the new machine and reinstall the system
Note: Re-installing the system will not delete the data in your hard disk. If you encounter a re-creation of the volume when installing the system, please do not continue and contact us in time.
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

Thank you for that information. So, for instance, is the QNAP TS431-K an x86 machine? I know this is a Terra-Master forum but, after the experience, I am looking at all options. And is the F5-221 an X86. Also is the F4-210 an ARM or X86 machine? Sorry for these questions but just not technical in this dept
Gandalf1369
United States of America

Post by Gandalf1369 »

Both the QNAP TS421-K and the F4-210 are ARM machines. The F5-221 is an X86 machine.
F5-221 with 4x5TB drives in Raid 5 (Plex Media Server, TOS 4.2.40)
F4-220 with 2x8TB, 1x6TB in JBOD (Docker, PiHole, Uptime-Kuma, tnfsd-x64, TOS 5.1.123)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

{L_BUTTON_AT}nikwak

I have a QNAP and if you are not very technical QTS will be too much , I would suggest Synology as its a little less complicated.
I also doubt your data will migrate to a QNAP as the QTS OS is stored on drives and the initialisation procedure would wipe the drives.

How much data is on your drives? One solution would be to get an X86 Terramaster from Amazon, then migrate the drives to it, then backup your data to an external drive, (make sure you use a compatible disk format if using the USB on the NAS). Then send the NAS back for a refund (Amazon are honouring returns until after Christmas).
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.