Rsync stuck on preparing

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
mnchesterraver

Rsync stuck on preparing

Post by mnchesterraver »

I have tried for two days to get my Terramaster to send to a synology, the terramaster is my main unit, the synology will send to the terra, but not the other way, it sets up and just hangs on Preparing with no disk activity and in the log nothing is happening the bar is redish colour if that means anything. I have just tried to share Appdata, with a file thats less than 1Mg, and thats hanging too,

unit F2-10 > synology, is Rsync down? do I have to enable something?

when using SMB between devices some folders do not show up on the Synology, I get some kind of error regarding the file not being found when it is deffo there,

all the files are in a shared folder that is visible by terrramaster, I just want my files backed up. any help would be great as I am doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

thank you!

-----
info:
all connected via cat 5 lan
internet is on
updated to newest versions
laptop is updated,
connecting to the devices via wifi but they are connecting to each other and sending files between each other so I don't really see that as a hindrance.

Thanks!
mnchesterraver

Re: Rsync stuck on preparing

Post by mnchesterraver »

I have just deleted and made a new shared folder on the synology and rclone via the terramaster is seeing the old folder as being gone and the new folder, so it can see whats on the synology, just not send anything?
mnchesterraver

Post by mnchesterraver »

rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5)

is the error :):)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Do you have the rsync server app running on the synology target? I backup tnas to tnas and had to start the server on the target. Now my backup runs like clockwork every day.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Have you enabled the Rsync server and added authorized directories in the file service of the control panel?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)