TerraMaster F4-220 4 Red HDD lights - no network

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
KEVSMEG

Re: TerraMaster F4-220 4 Red HDD lights - no network

Post by KEVSMEG »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
I will try today a CentOS on a virtual machine see how it goes. Thanks again. Terramaster also pointed to a prepared usb dongle ready to go but it's on Amazon for £50, and it dosent list a F4-220. A bit expensive if it can be done by yourself. Check it out:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/TerraMaster-F2 ... ems&sr=1-8
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

There's no indication that the USB on Amazon is loaded with the firmware. Looks like Terra-Master is just re-selling a fit-sized USB.

Did someone say that TOS was pre-loaded?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}KEVSMEG
Hi! If you want to make a initboot system by yourself, you can refer to the article. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1455
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8

Hi, I was told to plug this USB dongle into the rear of the unit and it should fix it. It doesn't go inside. So I thought I'll give it a try but nothing, no change. I tried both USB slots for a good 15 minutes or more but no go.
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport

Ok I've tried the Amazon USB dongle every which way possible and no joy. I can't figure out how to make a new TOS USB drive, I'm not linux expert. So to save time and money if I purchase a new F4-421 - will I still keep my original data on my 4 drives??
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
KEVSMEG wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 21:39 Ok I've tried the Amazon USB dongle every which way possible and no joy. I can't figure out how to make a new TOS USB drive, I'm not linux expert. So to save time and money if I purchase a new F4-421 - will I still keep my original data on my 4 drives??
Was there any software on the USB you bought from Amazon? There is absolutely no information in the Amazon listing that would indicate that it is loaded with firmware for TOS. If you take any USB drive loaded with the TOS firmware and install it on the internal USB connection you will be able to boot. The fact that it's not booting with the Amazon USB says that it's not loaded with the firmware you need. As I stated previously, it required a Linux knowledgeable person to assist in creating a working USB drive. My first 2 attempts following the TM instructions failed. Not sure what my Linux guru friend did that was different than what I did but his creation worked perfectly.
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

[at=titanrx8 post_id=12670 time=1629987419 user_id=2017][/at]

Well I was advised by TM support to insert the USB in the back and then follow instructions. But because there is no network I cannot log in, so it was a complete waste of time. I'll be returning the USB. Now I have to wait until tomorrow as they tech guys are in China and have finished work :x

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”