TerraMaster F4-220 4 Red HDD lights - no network

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
KEVSMEG

TerraMaster F4-220 4 Red HDD lights - no network

Post by KEVSMEG »

Hi I have a TerraMaster F4-220 NAS and The other day it lost the network. I tried rebooting it now all I get is 4 red HDD lights and no network light. I have tried removing the drives but still the same - is my unit broken? I have 10TB of data I don't want to lose :o
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TerraMaster F4-220 4 Red HDD lights - no network

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Please try to boot again, wait a few minutes to see if the lights change to green.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

[at=TMSupport post_id=12570 time=1629690165 user_id=59][/at]

I cannot get to the GUI. All I can do is power down and power on. Still the same outcome. I tried removing all the drives and then powered on, still the same :(

I have 4 x WD Red 3TB 3.5 Inch NAS Internal Hard Drive - 5400 RPM - WD30EFRX
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
Some users have encountered a problem like yours. Wait a few minutes after booting, the light will chage to green, and then it can be used normally. Have you tried to wait a few minutes to see if the light has changed after booting? If the light is always red, you need to follow the after-sales process.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

[at=TMSupport post_id=12576 time=1629714480 user_id=59][/at]

Hi, Yes I've tried that. I left it on for an hour, or more, after just in case, to give it chance to work but nothing :(

Where do I find the after sales process please?
TMA

Post by TMA »

You can apply for after-sales from where you purchased the product
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

Purchased from Amazon in 2018. I don't think they will help. That's why I came here for some advice or help from the community or manufacturer.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Surprised by the suggestion to go to the seller. I had similar situation with f2-221 earlier this year.

The fix was to rebuild the firmware USB key on the motherboard. There are instructions elsewhere in the forum for doing this for your model Nas.

I bought a good quality 32g Samsung "fit" USB so there was no issue with the size of the USB on the motherboard. It's not difficult to open the server and remove the factory USB and replace it with the new one after installing the software to it. I had assistance from a Linux knowledgeable person creating the new key.

Once I had the new USB installed, I could see the Nas on the network, log in and reinstall the disks. Everything back to normal.

Good luck.
KEVSMEG

Post by KEVSMEG »

[at=titanrx8 post_id=12584 time=1629743901 user_id=2017][/at]

Hi thank you very much for your reply.

Yes I was a bit miffed with Terramaster's reply to contact the seller. Most retailers will only give you 30 days for any kind of help.

I know how to open the unit as I upgraded the memory when I first got it. I will look in to your advice and see how I go. Would it be OK to contact you again if I get stuck :?:

Many thanks for your help, appreciated :D
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}KEVSMEG

Yes you may. Although I have to tell you that I had a lot of help. Part of the process requires either a Linux virtual machine or an actual Linux system to create the new firmware USB. I had neither at hand and when my friend tried to use a virtual machine the drive was unusable so back to the drawing board we installed CentOS on an old PC and that time it worked.