Can I swap Disks from one f4-210 to a new f4-210 or will they need to be formatted?

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
creide013

Can I swap Disks from one f4-210 to a new f4-210 or will they need to be formatted?

Post by creide013 »

I currently have a F4-210 that keeps giving a system error and then reboots every 5 to 10 minutes. I am unable to actually get the system error message before it reboots. It flashes system error and then reboots immediately when the error is given. I have pulled all the drives out and it still occurs. The system appears not to be over heating because it is not processing anything when it gives an error. It will boot up then it will sit for a minute or two then it gives an error and it reboots.

I have done the following steps:

I have unplugged it for a awhile and then re-plugged it back in and it gives the error.
I have pulled one drive out and it gives the error.
I have pulled two drives out and it gives the error.
I have pulled three drives out and it gives the error.
I have pulled four drives out and it gives the error.
I have replaced the network cable.
I have bought a small fan to blow on it to keep it cooler.
I have changed the electric outlet that it is plugged into.
I have replaced the memory stick.
I have added more memory to it as well to ensure that was not an issue.

In each case it flashes system error and reboots immediately.

I have narrowed it down to an actual hardware issue.

I do not want to loose the data on the drives so I was wondering if I get another f4-210 will I be able to retrieve and save my data? If I am unable to save my data then I will not purchase another f4-210.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Can I swap Disks from one f4-210 to a new f4-210 or will they need to be formatted?

Post by TMroy »

I think you are right, from the symptom you described the issue seems related to hardware failure. please contact our service team for warranty service.
as soon as you have the new F4-210, you can just plug in your drives and they will work without formatting your drives.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)