Wont power up

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
JamieLee2k

Wont power up

Post by JamieLee2k »

So I was unable to access my NAS Drive F1-210 and upon looking at the drive from a far all the lights were on so I unplugged it and tried to turn it back on, nothing, no lights, fans nothing, all I get is a bleep when I plug in the PSU at the back, I have tested the PSU for voltage and it reads fine so it must be the NAS it'self, What does the Bleep mean when I plug in the PSU? Is this faulty and need fixing?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Wont power up

Post by TMSupport »

The one beep means the device is about to start.
Please try to reboot your device without any HDDs, and advise all the LED indicators' status on the front panel.
It will be appreciated if you can take a photo to show us in return.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

I have tried with and without HDD's installed and there is just no power
https://youtu.be/mU1IxJ72xcY
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

Image So in this image I have tested all the Capacitors and this one doesn't give any readings, Now my knowledge of using a multimeter is based on what I see on YT and I know how to test things like PSU's and Batteries, but a board I don't know if a reading is supposed to be a reading, since this is the only one thats not giving me a reading I believe this is a problem, I have also tested resistors and some of them are beeping if I test both side from ground. Like I said I have no experience so this might be normal.
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

Just a note, when I put power into the board I am getting 12v at the DC jack and that Capacitor I pointed out I am getting 5v to it,

I wish I knew what route the power takes so I can trace it and find out where the problem is. My friend seems to think it might be the voltage regulator, but I have no idea what that is and also he lives miles away.
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

If you use the correct power adapter, the device cannot be turned on normally, please contact the after-sale service .
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
JamieLee2k

Post by JamieLee2k »

I bought this second hand from facebook and I have had it running for a couple of months, does this matter?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please show us a picture of the power adpater to make sure you are using the correct one.
If you can't show your original order and receipt, we may charge you for warranty service.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
zamerini

Post by zamerini »

Hi,
I have the same problem with my F2-210
My mac didn't connect with the NAS, all leds are green without blinking.
I tried to power off the NAS using the button, but nothing happened, then I plug it off from power supply.
Now, like in the video of this post, when i plug the power supplier (it is original and has the green led switched on) the NAS beeps once but nothing happens with or without drives and network.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}zamerini
Hi! To shut down the F2-210, you need to press and hold the power button for a few seconds, and then you will hear two beeps.
In addition, after you plug in the power again, press the power button, what is the status of the indicator light?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)