F4-210 randomly loses HDD2

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
joaquin_1400

F4-210 randomly loses HDD2

Post by joaquin_1400 »

Good afternoon team,
I have owned a F4-210 for over a year. It's running with 4 x Seagate Ironwolf NAS model ST4000VN008-2DR166 (4TB, listed as compatible in your site) in a RAID5 configuration.
No matter which drive is installed in bay number 2, the NAS randomly loses the drive, which powers down, and I get an alarm stating that the disk has failed. However, if that drive is installed in another bay, functions normally, and any drive installed in that bay will eventually be lost.
This started happening once it was updated to the latest TOS (4.2.07).
Things I tested and did not solve the issue:

-Turn on the NAS without drives, and initialize using the latest version, making the NAS download it off the internet
-Turn on the NAS without drives, and initialize using an older version (TOS_A1.0_Install_ARM4.1_4.1.32_2008031214)
-Swap the drives between bays, no matter which drive is on Bay2, it will eventually be lost and the HDD2 led will turn off.

Any ideas? I doubt it is a hardware issue since it all started after the NAS was updated.
Is it possible
Thank you.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 randomly loses HDD2

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
You can contact sales to arrange repairs for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
joaquin_1400

Post by joaquin_1400 »

Thank you Ryan, I'll contact sales.
Could this be related to the update applied a while ago (since the unit was working fine before being updated), and thus software-repairable?
I ask this since I am based in Uruguay and it's a bit difficult to send out the unit abroad for repairs.
Regards,
Joaquin
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Sorry, this should be the backplane or hard drive cable is damaged, we can not use software to repair.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)