TerraMaster F5-221 keeps powering off

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
diskjuggler

TerraMaster F5-221 keeps powering off

Post by diskjuggler »

TerraMaster F5-221 latest 4.2.07 update
4 x Seagate 4 TB IronWolf drives
1 x Seagate IronWolf 110 2.5" 480GB SATA III Solid State Drive

Can anyone please help me out with this.
the nas drive has been powering off by its self in last few weeks and gradually got worse.
press the power button, it powers on and powers off.its like its not getting enough power, even tried it
with only one drive in. all hardrives are only few months old. Even tested my spare hardrives from pc in the nas..
same thing, keeps powering off. Only got it from Amazon uk beginning of August 2020.
i have included a video link, of what is actually happening to the nas.

https://youtu.be/qccjPAX3Iw8
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Re: TerraMaster F5-221 keeps powering off

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
First, you can try to unplug and reinsert the hard drive, and then power on.
If not, you can try to reinstall the system: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423

Note: During the operation, if you are prompted to delete the volume or rebuild the storage pool or volume, please stop the operation immediately, which will delete your data.

You need to check if there is a problem with your hard drive: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
If there is no problem with the hard disk, please contact the sales to repair the equipment or exchange it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
diskjuggler

Post by diskjuggler »

checked hardrives, no errors even tried a 2 different hardrives what i have spare still doing the same...so i purchased another power supply
to rule out a faulty supply unit..still the same.when the nas worked it worked brilliantly but now i'm stumped.all i want is a unit what worked liked the 1st 2 months since purchasing it.who do i cantact to rma this nas....
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely? You can send an email to our tech team .
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)