Single repetitive beep

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
Glawster

Single repetitive beep

Post by Glawster »

Can anyone tell me, or show me the docs, where the beep error codes are detailed. I am getting a single repetitive beep which I assume is a disk problem?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Single repetitive beep

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Please check your array. Maybe a hard disk is damaged or the hard disk is not inserted properly.
raid.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Glawster

Post by Glawster »

Thank you, one of the disks in the raid5 setup (3 of) is dead. Is there anyway to turn off the beep while I work on repair? Do I just plug in a new disk of the same size and the raid set will repair itself?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
After inserting the new hard drive, you need to go to the storage pool on the control panel, select the storage pool, click "Edit", and then choose to repair the array. A new disk with the same size inserted will be formatted to store data in the Raid, and the old data of the newly added disk will disappear. If there is important data in the newly added hard disk, please back it up first.
raid.png
You can click the buzzer icon in the upper right corner of the TOS desktop to turn off the buzzer.
buzzer.png
Have a good day!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)