F4-210 4 bay

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
silentspanky

F4-210 4 bay

Post by silentspanky »

Hello,

I got the F4-210 with 4 bay; Specs are:

A 4-bay entry-level NAS optimized for home and SOHO users, running the latest TOS 4.1 operating system.
ARM v8 quad-core 1.4GHz CPU with 1GB RAM (not upgradeable), blazingly fast read/write speeds of more than 114 MB/s (RAID 0, WD Red 4TB x 2), hardware encryption.

With bay 1/2 occupied;
(main)Seagate IronWolf 4TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 5900 RPM 64MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage (ST4000VN008)
(secondary)Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD – CMR 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache for RAID Network Attached Storage with Rescue Service – Frustration Free Packaging (ST8000VN004)

Now, the issue I am facing is this. I cannot see home options at all, for example. I have plex, the real reason why I gotten the NAS server as well data backup. But I want to be able to apply plugins to the plex server, but cannot due to the home root dir being gone. How can I fix that? And the 2nd drive does not show what so ever, All I see is Volume #1, how can I fix this too?

If I have to backup and refresh this isnt a issue. Please help!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-210 4 bay

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Did you set the Raid? You can look at the control panel. How many storage pools and volumes are there?
Currently the latest TOS version is 4.2.07. Is your version 4.1?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
silentspanky

Post by silentspanky »

Pretty sure I set it to 2? There is 2 pools, #1 and #2. And ya it is 4.2.07-2012241608. But sounds like I may have to reset it dont i? Unless there is a back door of some sort?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

If you have volume two or more, try go to control panel》shared folder》advanced-restore to volume two, select the volume where public and appdata are located before.
AS for Plex, you can describe the problem clearly and it is better to attach a picture.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
silentspanky

Post by silentspanky »

I will elaborate on Plex later. I attached where in shared adv you told me to go for volume 2. If I removed vol 1 do I have to do this as well? And will it delete data on it?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210121-102731_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210121-102731_Chrome.jpg (14.51 KiB) Viewed 3484 times
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Deleting the volume will delete your data. What is your question?
Can't find the shared folder path when using Plex?
Taking the public shared folder as an example, the path used is /mnt/md0/publilic or /mnt/md1/public.
Can't see the shared folders in volume 2?
Go to the Control Panel Shared Folder to set the permissions of the shared folder created on Volume 2.
Can't see the Plex configuration folder?
Open the file management, click the home icon, and then click "User", you can see the Plex configuration file.
plex.png
Is there nothing on the second drive?
Create a volume on storage pool 2 on the Volume page in the control panel, and then select the new volume when creating a new shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
silentspanky

Post by silentspanky »

TMRyan wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 09:48 Hello,
Deleting the volume will delete your data. What is your question?
Like windows os as example. Shows all folders paths root etc. With the option to view hidden. Is there a way to find missing paths root files etc?
Can't find the shared folder path when using Plex?
Not for where I can install plugins to place on my Plex server no.
Taking the public shared folder as an example, the path used is /mnt/md0/publilic or /mnt/md1/public.
Can't see the shared folders in volume 2?
I can see public but cannot see the main dir for everything on the NAS HDD.
Go to the Control Panel Shared Folder to set the permissions of the shared folder created on Volume 2.
Can't see the Plex configuration folder?
Ditto. Is there a way to do so network on PC of ftp? Otherwise I cannot see any of the application folders what so ever.
Open the file management, click the home icon, and then click "User", you can see the Plex configuration file.
plex.png
Is there nothing on the second drive?
That worked... My question is, why can't it show all file directories as a whole as if you were to go into say for example drive c, see all the program files, Windows system files etc...?
Create a volume on storage pool 2 on the Volume page in the control panel, and then select the new volume when creating a new shared folder.
The user infrastructure or Gui seems... Widely unorganized. I mean lack of options and navigation of files seems pretty backdoor. And is there a way to place independent apps into the application section? Ie: vpn?
silentspanky

Post by silentspanky »

To further upon some playing around. I attached images of what I have been doing, and wish to now do if I can map drive ie Vol1>user (in common use, for any user, its like your main root dir where you should be able to access all files)?

And is it possible to add applications to f4-210? If so, where is there a library for it?
Attachments
How to add applications and where resources for them are?
How to add applications and where resources for them are?
How can I map this to my network?
How can I map this to my network?
Where you can map your folders to volumes when shared
Where you can map your folders to volumes when shared
How to share specific files
How to share specific files
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
Install the application manually, some installation packages such as emby can be downloaded from the official website of emby.