F5-221 randomly beeps 6 times then shuts down

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
phl

F5-221 randomly beeps 6 times then shuts down

Post by phl »

I was happily using my F5-221 for about 10 months and recently (3 days ago) upgraded the OS to 4.2.07.

Since then it has randomly shut itself down after beeping 6 times. The power on/off schedule is NOT enabled.

This has occurred a number of times over the past 3 days and I can't find anything in the logs indicating any issue before or after the event.

I'm worried that this will eventually cause damage to the installed hard drives, and data.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Or can advise on steps to take to mitigate it?

Thank you.
phl

Re: F5-221 randomly beeps 6 times then shuts down

Post by phl »

Interestingly, the device has also begun to turn itself back on as well now. Not entirely sure what ghost is in the machine!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Hi,
What type of hard drive do you use? You can refer to this link to check if the hard drive is healthy? viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125
By the way,whether the file system you are using is btrfs and DOS protection is enabled?
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
phl

Post by phl »

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I use 2 x WDC WD60EJRX-89MP9Y1 drives (Purple) in a RAID1 config.

File system used is btrfs and DOS protection is enabled.

The drives are fine but if the machine constantly shuts down, and boots itself up again, then I'm reluctant to keep using it.

Is there anything I can check?
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

Is it possible to let our engineer check it remotely?You can send an email to our tech team to confirm it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
phl

Post by phl »

Of course. Email sent.

Thank you.