Unable to create RAID 1

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
prototask

Unable to create RAID 1

Post by prototask »

I purchased the Terra Master F2-210. I initially installed one 4TB drive in single drive mode, I just purchased another 4TB drive and I want to switch to RAID 1. How do I do that with TOS 4.2, 4.1 had a RAID option, I can’t find it under 4.2. I've tried adding to the storage pool but the EDIT only allows me to create single volume on HDD2. Your help would be greatly appreciated
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Unable to create RAID 1

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
Array migration to Raid1 requires formatting the data of the newly added disk. If there is important data in the hard disk you plan to add, please back it up first.
You can perform the following steps to migrate the array to Raid1:
1. Insert a new hard disk, wait for the status of the disk corresponding to the new hard disk to be displayed as Good, go to the storage pool of the control panel to edit it (as shown in the figure below), select the array migration and keep clicking the button on the far right of the window to proceed next step:
good.png
abcd.png
sj.png
2. After the setup is completed, you will be prompted about how long it will take to complete the Raid 1 setup.
sd.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Storage”