F4 210 access

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
dcappe

F4 210 access

Post by dcappe »

Hi I formatted my first drive and uploaded files to the "admin" section
Then I formatted two more "Single" drives
Now when I select File Manager from the TNAS program which does find the Device on the network - I get one set of options to log into "appdata" or "public" - nothing else - neither has any files. When I log into the Desktop app I can see all three drives but again the file manager only finds the same two "folders" noted - so I can't seem to get into the other drives and all the data I uploaded to the first one is not accessible.
Sorry if this doesn't explain well what I'm doing but the instructions on all of this is so vague I am struggling to understand how this all is supposed to work.
dcappe

Re: F4 210 access

Post by dcappe »

Also is there any way of contacting anyone for customer support that doesn't require a forum post? chat? phone number? this is REALLY limiting for assistance
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

dcappe wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 06:46 Hi I formatted my first drive and uploaded files to the "admin" section...

Now when I select File Manager from the TNAS program which does find the Device on the network - I get one set of options to log into "appdata" or "public" - nothing else - neither has any files.
I access my TNAS through TOS Desktop. I don't use TNAS PC and TNAS Mobile so I have no idea how they work.

At the moment, I'm at some place where I do not have a device for TOS Desktop, therefore cannot go through the actual process.

From memory, "appdata" and "public" are the only folders available when I first logged in to TOS Desktop. If I remember correctly, "public" is a shared folder meaning any file/folder I added to it is accessible, not 100% sure "appdata" is also a shared folder - I never tried adding a file to it.

It looks like the "admin" section you referred to is an actual storage folder in your TNAS hard drive. If this is correct is it shared according to this TOS Help section?

dcappe wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 06:46 When I log into the Desktop app ... I can't seem to get into the other drives and all the data I uploaded to the first one is not accessible.
Although there are 3 hard drives in my TNAS, they being set up as RAID1 means I can only view their contents as though they are one single drive. How did you set up your TNAS storage?
Last edited by yerc1 on 12 Jan 2021, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
dcappe

Post by dcappe »

the admin section is where my files are but it doesn't show up on the TOS Desktop - just volume 1 and "appdata" and "public" with nothing stored in them. So basically I can see the drive is almost full but I have no way of actually accessing the content
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

dcappe wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 08:19 the admin section is where my files are but it doesn't show up on the TOS Desktop - just volume 1 and "appdata" and "public" with nothing stored in them. So basically I can see the drive is almost full but I have no way of actually accessing the content
Is admin folder shared as per my previous post?
F2-221
dcappe

Post by dcappe »

I can't see the admin folder at all anymore
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

dcappe wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 08:25 I can't see the admin folder at all anymore
I understand.

What did you use to "upload" your files to admin folder?
F2-221
yerc1

Post by yerc1 »

I meant to edit my previous but it's been locked.

I believe you meant you can't see the admin folder in TOS Desktop anymore.

You could SSH to your TNAS to check if the admin folder is still there in the TNAS storage. If you use TNAS PC, which I don't, it may have an option for you to do the check there.

What did you use to "upload" your files to admin folder?
F2-221
dcappe

Post by dcappe »

So all of a sudden the admin folder appeared - I'm going to transfer everything back to a regular hard drive and return this product cause I can't risk losing all my files on a system that clearly might not even work
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
You can make the admin folder appear in the file management as follows:viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1365
You can go to the shared folder in the control panel to view the folder, and then select the folder to set account permissions.
aaaaa.png
You can also click Restore to other volume in the advanced settings of the shared folder to view the public and appdata shared folders of other volumes.
sssss.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “File Services”