F2-210 Beeps and stops working, starts again, repeat

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-210 Beeps and stops working, starts again, repeat

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
The TNAS PC desktop application fails to find for your TNAS device, the device will not be initialized or used. The following are some common causes and solutions:
1. The version of TNAS PC desktop application is outdated.
Solution: Update the TNAS PC desktop application to the latest version. Please go to the “Download” page on the official TerraMaster website to download the latest version of the TNAS PC desktop application based on your TNAS model. After successful installation, search again for the latest version of the application.
2. The TNAS device is not online.
Solution: Check whether the indicator on the router or switch port connected to your TNAS device is working normally. If not, this means your TNAS device is offline. Please try again with another network port or cable.
3. The hard drive may be damaged or fail to properly communicate with the TNAS device.
Solution: The hard drive indicator should be green if the hard drive is functioning normally. If it is red, this means the hard drive has not started. Please unplug the hard drive, reinsert it into the slot, and then reboot the TNAS device. If it still fails to search for your TNAS device through the TNAS PC application after rebooting, please replace the hard drive with a new one and try again.
4. The TNAS device is not on the same network as the computer.
Solution: The TNAS PC desktop application will not find your TNAS device if it is not on the same network as your computer. Please connect your TNAS device and computer to the same network.
5. The computer firewall or router is enabled.
Solution: Please disable your computer firewall or router.
6. Two or more network cards are used in the computer.
Solution: Conflicts will occur if several network cards are used at the same time, resulting in your TNAS device failing to communicate with your computer. In this case, please keep the one you are using and disable the other network cards.
7. VPN is enabled on the computer.
Solution: Please disable VPN.
8. There may be another operating system installed on the hard drive in the TNAS device.
Solution: Reboot the device after unplugging all the hard drives from it. Next, wait two minutes, reinsert all of them, and search again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,

Is it okay to have our engineers perform remote inspections for you?
You can send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, please remember to replace @ with @, our engineers may be able to help you solve this problem through a remote session.

If you return F2-210 to Amazon and get a brand new D2-310.
After putting your HHD back into the new container, Windows cannot browse the file system inside through the computer. You need to delete the volume and rebuild the volume to use the hard disk normally.

Have a good day!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
emabia72

Post by emabia72 »

TMRyan wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 13:55 Hello,

Is it okay to have our engineers perform remote inspections for you?
You can send an email to support(at)terra-master.com, please remember to replace @ with @, our engineers may be able to help you solve this problem through a remote session.

Have a good day!
That would be great but even if I'm not sure they could access the device.
It works fine every now and then I'm seriously worried about the fact that I could not recover all the data from the 2 hard-disk
Sikmode

Post by Sikmode »

Original poster here. My apologies for the late reply.

I have been unable to obtain video of the original issue due to the inconsistency of it.

More recent developments: I could see the folders from the NAS in the mapped drive on my PC. I could start a backup to the NAS. The backup instantly stalled and times out. There is no HDD activity during this. Later, 1 of the HDD lights just goes out randomly then comes back on.

When this occurs I am not able to open the mapped backup folder, nor can I access the device via its IP.

The front facing power button does nothing, single push or holding it down, nothing occurs.

Unplugging the network cable, the LAN light remains on, even though there is literally not even a wire there. Doing this I found a lose ethernet cable which I replaced.

Most recently, after replacing the cable I reconnected the device and started another backup, this time BOTH HDD lights go off and I am once again not able to access the device via its IP.

I have read some replies here and will start with reinstalling TOS on the device and post my follow-up here afterwards.
emabia72

Post by emabia72 »

Sikmode wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 23:32 I have read some replies here and will start with reinstalling TOS on the device and post my follow-up here afterwards.
I did it 2-3 times but it solve the problem for a few minutes.
Same issues for me.
Impossible to connect via IP and power button does not work.
I think a replacement may be the only solution.
Sikmode

Post by Sikmode »

Follow-up

Removed the HDDs

I first reinstalled the TNAS PC app.

Of course the app does not find my device for some reason(for this reason alone I never used the TNAS app, since it never detected my device to begin with and I was able to access everything I needed anyway through mapping drives and access via the IP.)

I restarted the device(by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in since the power button doesn't work at all), and it was then discovered.

After powering on and logging in via the IP, I inserted the HDD's and both were working fine. I selected to reset to factory settings, after some time I get the "device is restarting, do not power off the device or reload this page" message, or something to that effect. Once it was all done a page appears and says the webpage cannot be loaded. I then go to the TNAS pc app and my device is no longer listed. Further PC restarts, or restarting the device, etc do nothing.

This has been a headache since I purchased this device last April. It has never consistently maintained its connection over the network.
emabia72

Post by emabia72 »

I started to have these issues on last sunday.
I bought it at the end of november 2020 and it has always worked fine since then.
Sikmode

Post by Sikmode »

Update:

So for whatever reason, now TNAS PC suddenly recognizes the device.

I was able to access from via its IP, and since I just reinstalled the OS, it asked for my new password. I logged in and edited some settings(no Telnet, etc) I deleted the old volume and made a new one as well as a temporary folder. I started a backup and it is currently running as expected.

I'm just not sure why it takes half a dozen attempts for it to work properly.

I also don't believe it will continue working correctly for very long.
/fingerscrossed
Sikmode

Post by Sikmode »

As expected, for unknown reasons, the device lost connection. Back to square 1. I would love to just return this unit.
emabia72

Post by emabia72 »

Sikmode wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 09:43 I would love to just return this unit.
Me too
I'm waiting fo ra replay from Terramaster

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”