[F5-221] Automatic wake up

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: [F5-221] Automatic wake up

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Magicbow

Hi! MAPL0304V19 is not suitable for your board. I have sent a private message to you,please check it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo

Hi! Is the issue of automatic startup at 00: 00: 00 resolved?
If you have made some changes to Bios before, after upgrading Bios, you need to reconfigure it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eloo

Post by eloo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo
TMSupport wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 14:17 Hi! Is the issue of automatic startup at 00: 00: 00 resolved? If you have made some changes to Bios before, after upgrading Bios, you need to reconfigure it.
I need to observe this a couple of days. For this night it seems to work. But i will give feedback in a few days.
eloo

Post by eloo »

Magicbow wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 04:57
TMroy wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 22:48 Only modified the mechanism of bios boot time setting.
I think there is a problem here with some F5-221s. Initially my Bios said it was an "Evaluation" version, now it's showing as MAPL0304V19 on a 4.9.9 boot loader after flashing.

For reference my board serial number is: B-TM-J33A-184700348 and I have a second sticker of 000-F5221-FBA002-0001

I have the previously mentioned USB error, this seems to come from the boot loader. I have now got a Bios option for WOL (doesn't work) the random startup issues I have seemed to have been fixed, and unit seems faster.

However, I have lost a drive bay and this has broken my raid. Why has this reverted to a 4 drive unit when I have 5? Is the hardware faulty or the updated Bios? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with issues. Oh I almost forgot - and the typos in the Bios too.
which bay have you lost? the 5.th? just to make sure mine is working properly :D
Magicbow

Post by Magicbow »

which bay have you lost? the 5.th? just to make sure mine is working properly :D
Yeah, it was just the 5th bay.

I was sent the Bios for my F5-221 by support which seems to be different from the previous one as it's JM33A_20191011. Flashed that and it hard bricked the device. :shock: So, now I have 5 red led's and no boot whatsoever. Tried the reset button, removed the battery - nothing. Dead. Looks like time to buy the Synology.

Seems like several board types\revisions in use per model - I never did get WOL to work or the start up and shutdown timers.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Magicbow

Sorry to hear that. MAPL0304V19 is not suitable for your board, but you have made a upgrade, and then some errors appeared.We sent JM33A_20191011 to you according to your needs, but it did not work. We guess it was broken when you upgraded the bios by mistake.
eloo

Post by eloo »

Magicbow wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 03:27
Yeah, it was just the 5th bay.

I was sent the Bios for my F5-221 by support which seems to be different from the previous one as it's JM33A_20191011. Flashed that and it hard bricked the device. :shock: So, now I have 5 red led's and no boot whatsoever. Tried the reset button, removed the battery - nothing. Dead. Looks like time to buy the Synology.

Seems like several board types\revisions in use per model - I never did get WOL to work or the start up and shutdown timers.
So the bios from the support made out of your 4 bay NAS a 0 bay NAS?
Great job support!

IMHO you should really get a replacement
eloo

Post by eloo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo
TMSupport wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 14:17 Hi! Is the issue of automatic startup at 00: 00: 00 resolved? If you have made some changes to Bios before, after upgrading Bios, you need to reconfigure it.
Seems that the automatic startup is still present. I need to check the config TOS again but it seems that its still startup without any configuration.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo

Hi! Could you observe the phenomenon of automatic startup at 00: 00: 00 for a few more days? If it still exists, it is recommended that you remove the battery on the motherboard, then short-circuit both ends of the battery holder, clear COMS.
eloo

Post by eloo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo
TMSupport wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 10:38 Hi! Could you observe the phenomenon of automatic startup at 00: 00: 00 for a few more days? If it still exists, it is recommended that you remove the battery on the motherboard, then short-circuit both ends of the battery holder, clear COMS.
Bug is still present. I still don't get why you just do not enable RTC options if you are unable to fix the real issue -.-