[F5-221] Automatic wake up

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Re: [F5-221] Automatic wake up

Post by TMnorah »

Well, can you please provide the version number of the bios?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eloo

Post by eloo »

what about reading the whole thread?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1334#p6908

is it really that hard to provide PROFESSIONAL support?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry for the inconvenience, please download the compressed package and follow the instructions in it to update BIOS.
https://download2.terra-master.com/MAPL0304V19.zip

Note:This upgrade package is only applicable to the upgrade of MAPL0304V17.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eloo

Post by eloo »

Where can i find the changelog for the bios?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Only modified the mechanism of bios boot time setting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Magicbow

Post by Magicbow »

I've had odd problems with my F5-221 for a while, and suspected it needed a Bios update as there were options missing and strange issues. So, I tried this Bios - it worked and fixed all the issues, but I think I have the Older board revision as it was a 2018/19 purchase. Could I please have the Bios for this revision as I get USB2-Port5 errors and have lost the 5th Hdd?

Thanks.
TMA

Post by TMA »

What is the phenomenon under the tos system? Is the tos system you installed, or is it another third-party system?
Magicbow

Post by Magicbow »

In my case I'm running TOS 4.2.15 on a F5-221. Since foolishly deciding to update the Bios I now have the attached error. I guess I need to flash back to the Old Bios version - If anyone has it.
Attachments
Picture of Error
Picture of Error
eloo

Post by eloo »

TMroy wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 22:48 Only modified the mechanism of bios boot time setting.
shame on you for lying to your customers.

there a lot of configurations removed in the new bios. and not "Only modified the mechanism of bios boot time setting."
is that really the kind of support you provide for your customers?

further the new bios has still typos.. why do you not fix real problems or at least high visible issues?
Magicbow

Post by Magicbow »

TMroy wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 22:48 Only modified the mechanism of bios boot time setting.
I think there is a problem here with some F5-221s. Initially my Bios said it was an "Evaluation" version, now it's showing as MAPL0304V19 on a 4.9.9 boot loader after flashing.

For reference my board serial number is: B-TM-J33A-184700348 and I have a second sticker of 000-F5221-FBA002-0001

I have the previously mentioned USB error, this seems to come from the boot loader. I have now got a Bios option for WOL (doesn't work) the random startup issues I have seemed to have been fixed, and unit seems faster.

However, I have lost a drive bay and this has broken my raid. Why has this reverted to a 4 drive unit when I have 5? Is the hardware faulty or the updated Bios? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with issues. Oh I almost forgot - and the typos in the Bios too.

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”