[F5-221] Automatic wake up

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
a285662976

Re: [F5-221] Automatic wake up

Post by a285662976 »

After playing around with /proc/driver/rtc and /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm both in TOS and ubuntu it's clear that the RTC implementation in the BIOS is bugged. One reboot and it goes back to a weird 24h timer to wake up your machine.
I will write to support but don't have much hope.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your report. we will look into this issue soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}a285662976
Hello, please advise the following information:
1. Will it be booted up at 0:00 or the preset time when scheduled time on is enabled?
2. Or it will be booted at 0:00 automatically when no such schedule is enable?
3. Will it be booted up everyday or occasionally?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
eloo

Post by eloo »

{L_BUTTON_AT}a285662976
Glad to see that at least it will be given another to "fix" it. But i can't understand why my previous post was deleted! This was just my personal experience with your "support".
@a285662976 i'm sorry for you that you have bought a product from this company. They are not really interested to get bugs fixed. I have written over 50 mails with this so called "support" but they are just not willing to fix it. If you have the chance send back that device and buy one from a company which cares about their customers.
TMSupport wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 14:24 Hello, please advise the following information: 1. Will it be booted up at 0:00 or the preset time when scheduled time on is enabled? 2. Or it will be booted at 0:00 automatically when no such schedule is enable? 3. Will it be booted up everyday or occasionally?
as its the same issue i'm facing.. and i have also mentioned multiple times. 1. it will boot at the time at midnight or the last configured time (also when disabled) 2. it will boot automatically WITHOUT any schedule enabled 3. it will boot everyday So for a fresh unboxed NAS it will be like this: (per default the schedule is OFF) 1. will boot at midnight 2. will boot automatically 3. will boot everyday
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for the answer. This issue would be chased.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
eloo

Post by eloo »

@TMSupport i really see how hard you are chasing this issue -.-

at least some of your community members is working on a solution.. shame on you @TerraMaster
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

{L_BUTTON_AT}eloo
Maybe the BIOS in your TNAS needs to be updated.
You can send an email to our support team, and we will send you the update method.
Before sending the e-mail, you need to take out the hard drive bracket, then take a picture of the PCBA used to connect the hard drive and send it to us.
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
eloo

Post by eloo »

@TMRyan

please stop trolling!!!

your ignorance here is unbelievable...

have you read the thread? what about your own board rules???????????????????????

my bios version is here in the board.. and as far as your "support" has told me it is the latest..

either come up with REAL suggestions or stop wasting my time!

WORST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
F5-221 has 2 versions of PCBA, and the Bios corresponding to each PCBA is different.
Therefore, please provide a picture of the PCBA so that we can know the corresponding BIOS.
eloo

Post by eloo »

So i need to disassemble my whole device?

Can't you figure out my PCBA based on the current Bios version?
At least this would conclude to your statement that one bios fits only one PCBA