No longer working

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
devbytecom

No longer working

Post by devbytecom »

Hello,

I've got the F2-210 model, worked really brilliant for the first 1-2 months, however now it's freezing and sometimes doesn't even come back online.

I'm at a loss with what to do with it, I've tried to do the memory firmware upgrade posted in another post in here, but the instructions doesn't even work.

Can someone help me out with this? Either that or I'm going have to send it back via Amazon.

Many thanks
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: No longer working

Post by TMzethar »

Can you describe the problem in detail? And what is the current version?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hello,

I've got the F2-210 model, worked really brilliant for the first 1-2 months, however now it's freezing and sometimes doesn't even come back online.

I'm at a loss with what to do with it, I've tried to do the memory firmware upgrade posted in another post in here, but the instructions doesn't even work.

Can someone help me out with this? Either that or I'm going have to send it back via Amazon.

Many thanks
Hello, please advise your current TOS version and send an email to support(at)terra-master.com and we will arrange a remote session for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
devbytecom

Post by devbytecom »

It's getting to the point where I'm unable to actually login to the NAS to check, when I turn it on it beeps to say it's back up, login screen comes on but seems to just freeze
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

i really dont know if it helps, but i was having this exact issue with my F2-210 following the upgrade to 4.2.07

it would stay turned on and responsive if i took all hard drives out so ruled out hardware issue, but would just lock up whenever i put a hard drive in or boot with it in to start with

the good news for me was as all my data is backed up to USB drive every night, i was able to wipe all the partitions off the hard drive by using a computer and then set it all up again, it put a clean version of 4.1.32 on and then i upgraded to 4.2.07, its now been running for more than 7 days without causing any issues with the exact same hard drive that i had previously

so for me atleast it seemed like there was some sort of corruption on the hard drive that was cleared by wiping it (obviously lost all data that was on the hard drive though)
F2-210