Product Solution Recommendation Please

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
walksonair

Product Solution Recommendation Please

Post by walksonair »

Hello, I am running Mac OS Catalina and am looking to purchase a hardware RAID 5 solution for direct attached storage.

I keep seeing the USB C and Thunderbolt 3 versions come up as I search for product solutions but I see that you have to download software to setup the RAID.

Are these DAS not hardware raid? What happens if I setup the RAID on one machine and then want to use the device on another w/o downloading the mfg software?

Thanks for your help.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Product Solution Recommendation Please

Post by TMSupport »

If you are confirming a direct attached storage unit, the TerraMaster D5-300 and the D5 Thunderbolt 3 as well as the D8 Thunderbolt 3 are all hardware RAID 5 solutions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Product Solution Recommendation Please

Post by TMroy »

The RAID manager software is used to configure the hard ware RAID card. As soon as your raid well set, you can use it on any computer without special software.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”