Perplexity

TerraMaster smart photo management tool
scout71
Italy

Perplexity

Post by scout71 »

I would have liked to have an app that would act as a cloud for all the photos I take (Synology has such a thing). The new app is very "heavy" for the system, requires, in my opinion, too many resources and does not allow an automatic saving from the phone to the NAS. Then the division of folders I do not understand. I do not find a current usefulness in the use, before doing many (beautiful) functions, it would have been perhaps better to concentrate on creating a usable and functional product and then "embellishing" it with functions. If I don't have anything running my photos on the NAS what is a photo program? I am looking for external solutions for the rescue but it is not the ideal way in my opinion, I was really hoping for a different "policy". We will see, for now it does not satisfy me.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Perplexity

Post by TMSupport »

1. Most multimedia related applications involve media indexing. The mediaindex program will scan the files in the directory and add them to the media library for use by multiple applications. You can go to Control Panel > Media Index and add the shared folder where the media files are located to the media index. Unnecessary directories can be deleted. The first time media indexing takes up high system resources, you can choose to do it when the device is idle.
2. Backup photos from phone to nas involves TNAS Mobile, which will be released soon.
3. TerraPhotos is constantly being optimized, it is recommended that you install the latest system and applications to use.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

TMSupport wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 18:25 1. Most multimedia related applications involve media indexing. The mediaindex program will scan the files in the directory and add them to the media library for use by multiple applications. You can go to Control Panel > Media Index and add the shared folder where the media files are located to the media index. Unnecessary directories can be deleted. The first time media indexing takes up high system resources, you can choose to do it when the device is idle.
2. Backup photos from phone to nas involves TNAS Mobile, which will be released soon.
3. TerraPhotos is constantly being optimized, it is recommended that you install the latest system and applications to use.
We hope it is really optimized, indexing consumes a lot of resources.
Among other things, I do not see anything in the "places" tab (in my language it is translated like this, I do not know what it is called in the original) even if in other applications they are georeferenced to me without hesitation. Is there any option to activate?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

The ‘Places’ module is in development.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
scout71
Italy

Post by scout71 »

I waited a while before replying as I wanted to try the latest version. In my opinion there have been improvements in the use of resources, good! Now I want to try facial recognition but I think I'm waiting for a moment when the system is not loaded because last time it always gave me high resource usage.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Facial recognition appears to work in Terra Photos 1.2.51. It successfully separates out individuals, giving each of them the name "Name" and collecting relevant photos into that sub-category.

Clicking on "Name" brings up an edit dialogue so that you can change "Name" appropriately. When you make the edit, the greyed-out Confirm button turns blue and when you click this button the green "Operation successful" message briefly floats onto the screen.

But the "Name" remains "Name" and your edit is lost. I'm confident this trivial bug will be fixed in the next version.

--
Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

Yes. This issue will be fixed in the next version.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks for that confirmation, @TMSupport.

(I would have thanked you sooner, but…

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.)

--
Chris