All New Duple Backup

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
PhilJG2021

Duple Backup - partially completed and file backup failures

Post by PhilJG2021 »

I have a TNAS home server and a TNAS backup server and have started a series of Duple backup routines.
Initial backups went well but I have found that subsequent update backups are stopping half way through with a message in the log such as:

Backup failed. /Volume1/Raw_Photos/RAW 2019/2019-02-21 Rye Meads/IMG_1458.CR2

It would seem that upon such a failure event the whole backup stops even though the backup has not checked all the files for update.

Having checked the logs, these failure events appear to be where some new files have been added to the home TNAS server or where there has been a folder rename in the home server.

I decided to make changes to the permissions on files and folders that were affected by the failures but this has still made no difference to the backup. That is the same files are causing the failure event.

My other comment is that the Duple backup software is not very good if it falls over at the first failure to back up a file. Surely it would be better to try to continue the backup on the remaining files and report failed files at the end of the complete backup routine.

Is there any other action I can take to overcome this problem? Do you need to debug your software?

Frustrated! :!: :!: :(
koni

Re: All New Duple Backup

Post by koni »

How can I restore a backup from TOS4 version with extension like gzaa or gzab
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}koni

You need to create a corresponding restore task in TOS 4. If you have updated to TOS 5, files backed up with "Duple Backup" in TOS 4 may not be restored.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stevefinn

Post by stevefinn »

Thank you, and I did give it a shot. It is unable to backup to external USB HDD, which is a shame. To perform a daily backup, I've connected a 20TB external USB3.0 HDD enclosure, which Terramaster F4-423 has identified as usbshare1. But, usbshare1 does not show up in the backup destination when I run Duple Backup.

Will there be a future release with this feature implemented?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

stevefinn wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 13:38 Thank you, and I did give it a shot. It is unable to backup to external USB HDD, which is a shame. To perform a daily backup, I've connected a 20TB external USB3.0 HDD enclosure, which Terramaster F4-423 has identified as usbshare1. But, usbshare1 does not show up in the backup destination when I run Duple Backup.

Will there be a future release with this feature implemented?
Duple Backup does not currently support selecting a USB storage device as the backup destination.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)