Terra Photos

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
bidmead
Great Britain

Re: Terra Photos

Post by bidmead »

Apologies for posting this here but unless I'm losing my mind I seem no longer able to start a new Topic.

The FAQ says "To post a new topic in a forum, click "New Topic"." I can find no button in this forum labelled "New Topic". The FAQ goes on to say "A list of your permissions in each forum is available at the bottom of the forum and topic screens. Example: You can post new topics, You can post attachments, etc." I can't see any such list at the bottom of this forum.

What I wanted to mention in the New Topic if I could have started it was that the wording of the context menu of any app icon on the TOS desktop is misleading. I see the options to: Open, Delete, Uninstall. I've already suggested somewhere (I think) that during the upgrade from the beta to the production version of 5.0 the term "initialize" strongly implies reformatting the drives and this isn't necessarily what happens. It seems to me that the desktop icon context menu similarly leaves the wrong impression. All that is being Deleted is the icon from the desktop—the app itself remains intact. "Remove" might be a better word and "Remove from the Desktop" would be crystal clear.

But that issue seems to me trivial compared to my inability to post properly here. I've checked the FAQ but haven't been able to find an explanation of what might be going on. Can anybody help?

--
Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you! We will feedback to the product team.
You could post such a topic to "System configuration", but not here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

TMroy wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 10:54 Thank you! We will feedback to the product team.
Thanks for that, @TMroy.
You could post such a topic to "System configuration", but not here.
I'd love to be able to. But, of course, the problem is that I can't seem to find a way to post a new topic. Recursion! That's the urgent fix I need as I really want to contribute, particularly to this "Know more about TOS 5" forum.

I wasn't able to find this "System configuration" forum, either. Sorry. I seem to be missing a lot at this end.

--
Chris
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

OK, so I'm not, after all, losing my mind. The "New Topic" button is there, immediately below the name of the forum AS LONG AS I'M NOT LOGGED IN! The moment I log in, it disappears.

This would seem, at first blush, to suggest that the system is deliberately keeping me from posting here. I'm not sure why this would be and I don't, in fact, think this is the case. If there were a design purpose to keep an individual from posting this would, of course, include preventing the ability to reply to postings. Which isn't the case here.

So I'm inclined to classify this as a bug.

Either way, do please lets fix this. I'm doing a good deal of work on TOS 5.0 for the Tested Technology review and this forum is valuable for sanity checks and general feedback.

--
Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead

If you are unable to post in the forum, you can send feedback to our product team at pm(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks, @TMSupport. I've emailed pm(at)terra-master.com as you suggest.

--
Chris
freman

Post by freman »

This is beyond broken.
Indexing randomly turns off
Terraphotos seems to need to be restarted every time I want to use it
90% of requests made from the browser result in http 502's coming back from the server
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMRyan »

TerraPhoto page shows 502 when indexing photos, you can go to the app center to restart the app or restart the device, the app is still being optimized, we will verify this.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
PhilWojo

Post by PhilWojo »

Is this app currently supported on the F2-210 NAS? If not are there any plans for when it might be supported on that hardware?

thanks,
Phil
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

PhilWojo wrote: 18 Aug 2022, 04:14 Is this app currently supported on the F2-210 NAS? If not are there any plans for when it might be supported on that hardware?
Unless there's an update to TOS 5 for the ARM series devices, there won't be support for Terra Photos, as it's only available as part of TOS 5: https://www.terra-master.com/global/tos5
TMroy wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 17:53 As of now, TerraMaster has not officially confirmed that the 210 ARM series products cannot be updated to TOS 5. We're developing TOS 5 on a brand new ARM platform, and when it's done, we'll try to port it to the 210 series if possible. Obviously, this will take more time, so please be patient.
That's their current status of TOS 5 on ARM.