Terra Photos

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
dissidence

Re: Terra Photos

Post by dissidence »

Charlie_Croker wrote:
> @dissidence
>
> Didnt work well for me , but I have Qumagie and a Coral AI accelerator on
> my QNAP, (makes analysing photos much faster). Terraphotos is still a beta
> running on a beta OS. So it will get better

yes it still feels very early beta to it
dissidence

Post by dissidence »

i was wondering how to move folders from public to private?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dissidence

You can check where the personal and public spaces are stored in the app's settings module. If you want to move, you can operate files in the file manager.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dissidence

Post by dissidence »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMSupport
i would suggest making it a little easier than that.

best would be allow me to choose what is public vs private
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dissidence

You can't change your private space location, your private space is your user home directory by default. But you can change your public space, you just go to "control panel > network > media index" , modify the folders in the media index. Note: only users who have permission to the public space can view the photos.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Why do I get this pop up when opening (I have translated it)

"Baidu does not authorise the use of the map API, which may be because the key provided to you is not a valid Baidu LBS open platform key, or this key does not authorise the Baidu Map JavaScript API of this application. You can visit the following website to learn how to get a valid key: http://lbsyun.baidu.com/apiconsole/key#."
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

Sorry for the issue, we will fix it in the coming new releases.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@TMroy,

Thank you Terra Photos has improved dramatically with each release, thank you and the TM team, I think you have made terrific progress in last month or so.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

It's heartening to hear from @Charlie_Croker that "Terra Photos has improved dramatically". I'm glad this is working for somebody,

I've just returned to Terramaster after a break now that 5.0 is officially out of beta. I gave up on the earlier version of Terra Photos as I could find no way of actually uploading photos to it.

Now my media index is complete. Terra Photos has been uninstalled and reinstalled but I still haven't been able to upload a single photo into it.

Mostly because I don't understand what is supposed to happen. There is this feature called "enable" associated with Terra Photos but I don't see anything similar in, say, Wordpress, which I am successfully running on 5.0, as I was in the beta days. Does "enable" mean "launch"? Or is it like one of those `systemctl` daemons that you run first and then enable?

My Terra Photos is marked "Disabled" and shortly after I hit the "Enable" button that little red warning message floats up telling me the operation has failed.

Processes in the Control Panel tells me that five instances of Terra Photos are running, but unlike `top` doesn't seem to offer me a way to kill them. So although not "enabled" this app is running. But the WebUI doesn't appear to offer a way to stop this.

Yes, I could `ssh` in but TOS doesn't appear to be aimed at command line users and I'm eventually going to have to explain all this to Tested Technology readers who would want to know how to do this through the WebUI.

I'm hoping that the inability to "enable" Terra Photos is because multiple instances are already running. Does this seem likely? If so, what is the official way to kill these instances? Is there any documentation for all this?

--
Chris
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

I would have assumed that uninstalling Terra Photos would shut down those five processes. My plan was then to reinstall Terra Photos and start afresh, opening, enabling and then, hopefully, uploading some photos into it.

However, having uninstalled Terra Photos I see that those same five Terra Photo processes are still running.

I'm pretty sure that shutting down the F2-221 and restarting it will give me a fresh start on Terra Photos. But I don't see much value in that as it's become clear to me that I have no idea at all what is going on with this app.

I'm forming a vague picture that it's a daemon that you run, then start and stop. But I'm not at all clear how it can get into a state where it's running but can be neither started nor stopped nor, apparently, closed down, even if you uninstall it.

I really need some help with this.

--
Chris