Terra Photos

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Terra Photos

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead
Please execute the following commands and send the logs to us. Log in to the SSH terminal.

Code: Select all

cp -r /var/log/media.log /Volume1/public/

cp -r /var/log/mediadb/mediadb.log /Volume1/public/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks, @TMSupport. Sadly, there are no media logs in /var/log.

[****@Tellie log]# pwd
/var/log
[****@Tellie log]# ls media*
/bin/ls: cannot access 'media*': No such file or directory
(I tried to insert this as an image. But bizarrely, phpBB seems to require a url to the image.)

--
Chris
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}bidmead
Please use the command we sent you to execute
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

@TMSupport: Of course I executed the two commands as requested. Both commands failed. I investigated the /var/log directory, discovered the files you were asking me to copy were not there and took the trouble to demonstrate this to you:

* user name redacted. shows we are in the /var/log directory
[****@Tellie log]# pwd
/var/log
* ls command lists files in this directory beginning with "media"
[****@Tellie log]# ls media*
/bin/ls: cannot access 'media*': No such file or directory
* shows there are no such files.
--
Chris
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hello,

If there is no such folder, it may mean that your media index is not open.
Please go to Control Panel > Media Index, after opening the media index, go to the application center to open the Terra Photo application.
See if it can be opened and used normally. If it still can't, export the log to us again when the media index is open.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

Thanks, @TMnorah, for your continued help with this.

I think I may be misunderstanding you. As I reported at the head of this thread, I ran the media index before attempting to open Terra Photos. I've just now unticked Enable Media Indexing and re-ticked it and I now have a media.log file in /var/log.

But so far there's no sign of a mediadb directory. According to Control Panel/Media Index "the media index is complete."

This is the complete cat of /var/log/media.log:

[2022/07/16 14:00:33] minidlna.c:415: error: check_pg_db:new_db=0
[2022/07/16 14:00:33] minidlna.c:471: warn: Removed media_dir detected; rebuilding...
[2022/07/16 14:00:33] minidlna.c:482: warn: DROP the tables............
[2022/07/16 14:01:02] playlist.c:161: warn: Parsing playlists...
[2022/07/16 14:01:02] playlist.c:309: warn: Finished parsing playlists.
[2022/07/16 14:01:02] scanner.c:1601: warn: Scanning complete,time = 1657976462
I am able to open Terra Photo and even attempt to upload files to it. However the files hang at 0% load.

And speaking of uploading photos, I've still found no way of uploading screenshots to this forum. Do please let me know how this can be done. Meanwhile, here's an OCR of what Terra Photos reports when I attempt to upload a file called framework-laptop-7.jpg. You'll see from the Status line that it just hangs.

Name
framework-laptop-7.jpg
Upload
Size
82.57 KB
Status
00/0

--
Chris
TMAY

Post by TMAY »

Hello, please go to the app center to enable Terra photo before using it.
Regarding how to upload pictures in the forum, you can choose to add attachments here, and upload your pictures.
Attachments
微信截图_20220717145314.png
微信截图_20220717145314.png (23.61 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

I thought I had posted a reply to this half and hour ago. Returned to edit in some extra information but now can't find the post. This suggests I haven't yet mastered this forum—sorry.

To recap: thanks @TMAY. You seem to have steered me right and I'm now, since updating this morning to 5.0.135, able to upload photos to Terra Photos. Enabling Terra Photos wasn't the problem—it's been enabled all along.

[The edit I wanted to add, however, is that I can't find any way of uploading photos that are already in a F2-221 directory. I can only upload from my local machine.]

The other point I raised in this disappeared posting was about your instructions for uploading pictures to this forum. I'm puzzled because your screenshot (which at least shows that pictures can be uploaded) isn't like anything I see here. Your picture shows FOUR buttons at the bottom of the text entry window: Img-Load, Save draft, Preview and Submit. I have only Save draft, Preview and Submit.

But I've also noticed, on the right hand side of this text entry window, underneath the three rows of smilies, a list of phpBB functions. Among them I see: {flash} is OFF (but in square brackets, not curlies. See below.)

Is this the Adobe Flash that so plagued us with TOS 4.0's Remote Access. At last that seems to be gone from TOS 5.0. But does it, I now begin to wonder, still persist in this BB?

(Aha! I think I see why the previous message wasn't posted. I've just spotted a red warning greeting this one: You cannot use certain BBCodes. This is followed by square bracket flash close square bracket. I think we have found the culprit! Flash seems to be alive but not very well here in our forum.

I've accordingly edited the paragraph above to replace the square brackets.)

--
Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

bidmead wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 18:36 I
[The edit I wanted to add, however, is that I can't find any way of uploading photos that are already in a F2-221 directory. I can only upload from my local machine.]
You can go to Control Panel-Media index, click 'Add' and choose the directory that has photos.

Except the photos in the user directory are displayed in the personal space, other index directories are displayed in the public space.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

TMSupport wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 21:47
bidmead wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 18:36 I
You can go to Control Panel-Media index, click 'Add' and choose the directory that has photos.

Except the photos in the user directory are displayed in the personal space, other index directories are displayed in the public space.
Thanks. My bad—I should have spotted that. That was very helpful, @TMSupport.

Any feedback on the Adobe Flash/Upload to this forum question?

--
Chris