Terra Photos

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Terra Photos

Post by TMroy »

Terra Photos is a smart photo management application. Through the AI ​​algorithm, Terra Photos can recognize and classify the faces, pets, things, and scenes of the photos in the specified directory, which is convenient for you to sort, classify and share the photos through the graphical interface. Terra Photos is the ideal photo management tool for home users, photographers, and creative agencies.

AI face recognition
Terra Photos has a built-in AI algorithm that can automatically recognize and classify faces with an accuracy rate of up to 80%. For wrongly recognized faces, Terra Photos also provides manual correction methods to provide greater convenience for photo management.

Broader AI applications
Not only face recognition, Terra Photos can also automatically identify dozens of categories such as pets, objects, landscapes, sports, vehicles, and flowers by enhancing AI operations. Terra Photos provides users with smarter management tools, greatly increasing the usefulness of photo management.

Geographical Classification
By integrating the GPS location information of photos through map resources, Terra Photos can also automatically categorize your photos by geographic location, making it easier for you to quickly query your photos.

Take into account personal privacy and sharing
Terra Photos adopts a separate storage strategy for personal photos and shared photos of family members. The two kinds of photos are stored in directories with different access rights, which helps to protect personal privacy and facilitates the sharing of photos between family members or business customers. share with each other.

Flat UI
Terra Photos uses a flat user interface to flatly display the user's commonly used categories in the first-level directory, such as photos, albums, videos, people, pets, objects, locations, recently added, and favorites, which is more conducive to users to quickly browse and find target photo.

More flexible management strategies
Terra Photos' flexible query filtering strategy can begin to help you filter out the photos you want by combining the name and time of the photo, with the combination of the year, month, day, and ascending and descending order.

Share happiness and creativity
Terra Photos provides users with sharing tools, you can choose to create photos or share albums and flexibly formulate sharing strategies, sub-defining sharing titles, sharing links, effective time, access passwords, download permissions, etc. Terra Photos provides an easier way for home-sharing or business client sharing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Re: Terra Photos

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Has anyone actually got this app to work?
I copied over my Photo library in .jpg to Multimedia/photos
Then installed Terrphotos
Then I went to Prefs/Media index and made sure the Multimedia/photos folder was setup.
On same page, enabled Media Indexing and can see "Indexing 200 files"
This has been like this for a few days
Opened the Terraphotos app and nothing shows in either Personal or Public space.
So I then tried uploading a photo via The "upload now" and still nothing.
If I check processes "minidlnad" is consuming 100% CPU, https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux ... minidlnad/

Has anyone else actually got this to work?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

1. Go to the app center to check if Terra Photos is enabled.
2. Go to Control Panel > Media Index, click "Rebuild index".

Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker
TMSupport wrote:
> >
> 1. Go to the app center to check if Terra Photos is enabled.
> 2. Go to Control Panel > Media Index, click "Rebuild index".
>
> Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the
> correct forum.

@TMSupport,

This wasn't a "bug report", (I have submitted a number of these regarding TOS5 via email), this was a query as to whether it actually works, I also have a QNAP with Qumagie (A very similar app, with AI support which also supports the Google Coral AI accelerator via USB), So I was naturally interested to see how this compared and on the TOS5 thread, others have had the same issue.

For avoidance of doubt:
1. TM Photos is enabled
2. I have gone to Control panel/Media Index There is no "Rebuild index" to click.

I have now pointed it a photo of only a hundred images and still nothing.
So the purpose of this post was not to report a bug, but to share experience with other users to see if anyone has a solution.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

For others who might be having this issue, I found this appears to work if like me you are not seeing any photos

1. Uninstall Terra Photos AND all config files when asked
2. Reinstall the App, (on my system it showed as downloading and then installing but didnt look like it installed, but it had, check your apps photo
3. Enable media indexing and point it at your media folders.
4. Now enable the Terra Photos app

Caveats
Where as before it stopped at indexing 200 files and stayed there, its now at 14,456 and increasing, which is a mystery as I pointed it at a folder containing 3,332 photos and nothing else. So we will see what happens.

result
Photos are now actually appearing in the app. Admittedly it seems to be all my photos not the single folder I pointed it at, in public space tab.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Stopped working and all photos have now gone from the app.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

There are several reasons why the photos cannot be displayed in the app.
1. The app is not enabled. Please go to App Center > Installed to enable the app.
2. Media indexing is not enabled. Go to Control Panel > Media Index to enable media indexing.
3. The media index did not monitor the photos. Please go to Control Panel > Media Index to rebuild the index.

All directories need to be added to the media index directory. Photos uploaded in the personal space of the app page will be stored in /user/home/Photos, and photos uploaded in the public space will be stored in /Photos. If you want to store the photos in other directoies, you need to add the directory to the media index in advance, and then click "Rebuild index".

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Update, downloaded the update released today (v1.05) and now my albums are no longer there, and now there is also no private or public tab.
I will send in another report with photos.
dissidence

Post by dissidence »

i was wondering how well this works for larger photo collections.?
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

@dissidence

Didnt work well for me , but I have Qumagie and a Coral AI accelerator on my QNAP, (makes analysing photos much faster). Terraphotos is still a beta running on a beta OS. So it will get better