D5-300 RAID Manager Installation Guide (macOS 11.x/12.x/13.x

FAQs and instructions only for USB series raid storage
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

D5-300 RAID Manager Installation Guide (macOS 11.x/12.x/13.x

Post by TMzethar »

Install the latest RAID Manager program that allows you to manage the arrays on your device in macOS 11.x/12.x/13.x.

Applicable Model: D5-300

Step 1: Get root privileges on Mac
1.1 Keep the device powered on and connect it to your computer;
1.2 Log in to macOS as a system administrator, Go to "Lauchpad > Others > Terminal", and click to run the "Terminal";
1.3 Enter command: sudo -i
1.4 Press Enter;
1.5 Enter your password, and press Enter (When you enter your password, your password will not be displayed).
1.6 When you see something like: xxxxxxxxx:~ root#, this means you successfully get the root permission;

Step 2: Install the new version of RAID Manager

2.1 Download the RAID Manager.
2.2 Double click to open TerraMaster RAID Manager_V1.0.14.app.dmg;
2.3 Select and right-click "TerraMaster RAID Manager" , click "Show Package Contents > Contents > MacOS >TerraMaster RAID Manager;
2.4 Right-click "TerraMaster RAID Manager", click "Copy";
2.5 Paste "TerraMaster RAID Manager" into the terminal window and press Enter;

2.6 The RAID Manager interface will pop up;
Note: If you get a message that the installation is stopped because of security reasons, you need to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and allow RAID Manager to run.

Video guide: https://terrahelp.oss-cn-hongkong.aliyu ... _guide.mov

Important Notice:
Since the D5-300 has been on the market for more than 7 years, the device hardware has been updated several times during the years. The older hardware versions are not compatible with macOS 11.x/12.x/13.x systems, which means that even with the latest RAID Manager program, you will not be able to manage the arrays on the device. Only the latest 3 hardware versions can support MacOS 11.x/12.x/13.x systems: B01-D5300NEW-S1, B01-D5300NEW-S2, B01-D5300NEW-S3; be sure to pay attention to which version your hardware belongs to.

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
deanv2

Re: RAID Manager Installation Guide (macOS Monterey 12.0.1 or later)

Post by deanv2 »

Followed these instructions and then got a serious error message - stating that the install file will not be installed - as it will "Damage your computer" - indicating possible malware.
Monterey then aborts the installation process, and asks whether to report the Malware to Apple... seriously?

Error message : "RAIDManager" will damage your computer. You should eject the disk image.

There are no other options then given to proceed at all.

I'm just about over this - how can you sell hardware like this which is not able to be used properly as advertised with current MAC OS ?
Unless there is a fix for this - with the advertised RAID Management software that works, I will need to lay a complaint with the vendor who sold me this hardware, and get a refund - and find review sites to warn others about this experience. Really disappointing TerraMaster.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

The RAID Manager.exe plugin has been updated and is now compatible with Monterey 12.5.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
caesars

Post by caesars »

Hello, where can I download the version for 12.0 and above? When I click on the link it takes me to this page instead of downloading a zip file.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}caesars

Please read the article carefully, you will see the download link in the step 2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
caesars

Post by caesars »

Thanks! It might have been better to have the text say "Click here to download the beta software:" :-)
zenwebgoddess

Post by zenwebgoddess »

The number I was able to find inside my drive is B01-D4300-S3. Is this no longer compatible?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300 RAID Manager Installation Guide (macOS Monterey 12.0.1 or later)

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}zenwebgoddess

D4-300 has no RAID mode and can only be configured with a single disk. It cannot use RAID Manger.
zenwebgoddess

Post by zenwebgoddess »

To clarify, I have a D5-300 unit. the instructions above state that there is an internal number the I should look for inside the unit to confirm compatibility with the new software. The only number I could find inside the unit was B01-d4300-s3. Did my D5-300 unit come with the wrong hardware?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

zenwebgoddess wrote: 29 Sep 2022, 22:47 To clarify, I have a D5-300 unit. the instructions above state that there is an internal number the I should look for inside the unit to confirm compatibility with the new software. The only number I could find inside the unit was B01-d4300-s3. Did my D5-300 unit come with the wrong hardware?
This is the earliest hardware model. It is incompatible. You can create RAID in Windows and use it in macOS.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @