Plex cannot be enabled and "Operation Failed" is displayed.

TOS application, TNAS PC, TNAS mobile
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team

Plex cannot be enabled and "Operation Failed" is displayed.

Post by TMRyan »

Operating instruction

Applicable models: All TNAS models
Applicable system: TOS 5

Fault phenomenon
If the Plex fails to be enabled for a certain TNAS user after being used for a period of time, the Operation Failed message is displayed. This may indicate that the Plex database is damaged. For details, see the following countermeasures.

Countermeasure
1.Go to TOS App Center > Installed,disable Plex.
2.Go to the TOS desktop, open File Manager, and access Plex > Library > Application Support > Plex Media Server > Plug-in Support >Databases, find the database in use ((the file name extension is db)), rename the database in use and back it up.
plex.png
3. Go to TOS App Center > Installed,restart Plex.
4. If Plex still cannot be enabled, go to TOS Control Panel > Shared folder, change the Plex folder name and enable Plex again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Madmart54

Re: Plex cannot be enabled and "Operation Failed" is displayed.

Post by Madmart54 »

Many thanks! I changed the names of the next level folders of the plex main folder and it enabled :)
isinfcca

Post by isinfcca »

This solution did not work for me. I'm using a F2-210 TOS v4.2.31. Any ideas how to fix this on a TOS v4?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}isinfcca
Here are some relevant discussions and solutions that may be helpful to you. viewtopic.php?f=83&t=364
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
anniesteuber

Post by anniesteuber »

The version of TOS 4.2.08-2101111540 on f4-210, the version of the application downloaded from your site TNAS Mobile-2.4.5 by link. I bought it yesterday and now I'm setting it up. I can't configure access through the app. Writes " Invalid username or password. Please try again."
Any advice appreciated please.Hello Neighbor
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}anniesteuber
Please check if you have entered an incorrect or non-existent username; If not, it may be due to damage to your database. You can try reinstalling the system.To reinstall the system, refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)