How to add RAM module to TerraMaster NAS

About TNAS hardware
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

How to add RAM module to TerraMaster NAS

Post by TMroy »

How to add RAM module to TerraMaster NAS/How to expand your TerraMaster NAS RAM capacity/How to do a TerraMaster NAS RAM upgrade?

Applicable models:
220 series: F2-220/F4-220/F2-420/F4-420
221 series: F2-221/F5-221
421 series: F2-421/F4-421
422 series: F2-422/F5-422
423 serires: F2-423/F4-423

You can expanding your TNAS RAM capacity by adding one more RAM module. But not all TerraMaster NAS RAM capacity can be expanded, before you buy a RAM module(stick) please refer to above applicable models.

To add a RAM module, you have to release some screws and remove rear part of your TNAS. Here is step-by-step instruction for your refenrence.

Notes:
An incompatible ram module may cause your TNAS to fail to run. We recommend that you purchase officially certified RAM modules.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SteveHopps

Re: How to add RAM module to TerraMaster NAS

Post by SteveHopps »

What are your reviews on the TerraMaster F2-210 NAS?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

SteveHopps wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 10:27 What are your reviews on the TerraMaster F2-210 NAS?
F2-210 does not support expanding RAM capacity.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

Hi, i have f2-220. How much i can expand memory? Only 2gb or maybe 4gb? Could i use 1600mhz or should i use 1333 mhz?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Roccia7
Hi! The F2-220 model can expand the memory of 2/4G. We recommend that you purchase officially certified RAM modules.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

TMSupport wrote:
>
Thanks. I saw the certified RAM, but for me it's really expensive 80,00 $ (whit shipping cost) for only 2 gb RAM. I also saw this for my F2-220:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 8-ghz.html
In theory I could upgrade the ram up to 8 gb. So I tryed for max 30,00 $ 4gb ram 1600 mhz and 2gb ram 1333 mhz but none works. So i think you lock somthing to prevent using another ram that is not certified by terramaster. It's really bad practice!!! Or can you tell me which one i could bought?
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Roccia7 wrote:
> TMSupport wrote:
> >
> Thanks. I saw the certified RAM, but for me it's really expensive 80,00 $ (whit
> shipping cost) for only 2 gb RAM. I also saw this for my F2-220:
>
> https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 8-ghz.html
> In theory I could upgrade the ram up to 8 gb. So I tryed for max 30,00 $ 4gb ram 1600
> mhz and 2gb ram 1333 mhz but none works. So i think you lock somthing to prevent
> using another ram that is not certified by terramaster. It's really bad practice!!!
> Or can you tell me which one i could bought?

What has your link you posted to do with RAM Modules. That wat you posted is an Intel® Celeron® Processor J1800! That has nothing to do with your ram modules. 80$ is the price when you want hardware wich is certified to work properly with your Nas! If you buy a car and they say that you should buy Petrol, you will not buy Diesel fuel because it is cheaper! and of course it will not work with your engine...You understand what i mean?
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

Hardfecx wrote:
>
Of course I understand, I don't consider me so stupid.
To continue your example: if your car uses petrol and the manufacturer says you only have to go to Q8 to refuel, what do you do? Do you just go there or maybe you also go to some other petrol station? If I want to buy an accessory compatible with the car that is not original I can do it, it is my right. If the car breaks down then it will be my problems, of course. In the end, the link takes you back to the processor of my nas where you can see the compatibility of the ram. In theory I could mount up to 8GB of ram, but for some reason I can't buy non-certified products from terramaster. I wonder if this was done on purpose or not. And you? Understand what i mean?
Sorry, but with $ 80.00 I buy a new 4 tb hdd ...
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Show me one 4TB HDD for 80$! Wich has to be for a Nas (24/7) with at least 128MB Cache and 7200RPM...
I have no problem if you want to try a cheaper Ram Module, if it doesn't work, well you can send it back... So good luck to search...

Ah yeah, if your CPU is capable to work with 8GB Ram, it is not said that your Mainboard does accept it as well ;)
Roccia7
Italy

Post by Roccia7 »

Hardfecx wrote:
>
I said it can theoretically go up to 8gb, I didn't say it has to go up to 8gb. Who says that my nas also reaches 8gb is someone else, look here
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=899&p=4378&hilit=f2+220+ram#p4384
Anyway I don't know if your aim is to make only controversy or not, but I don't have time to waste on these things. If you want to help it is welcome and I thank you, otherwise we can avoid unnecessary discussions.