F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

I followed the instructions to update from 4.2.39 to 5, but the 'initialisation' part never happened. I did a manual re-start but now the front panel shows two red lights (drives) with a steady green at the bottom and flashing green above. Connecting through the browser just reveals 'refused to connect' and the TNAS for PC says there are no NAS systems there.

I'm going to try re-installing the TNAS - I think it's 5.22, or similar.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Re: F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

I re-installed TNAS PC but that didn't work - the icon shows on the taskbar but no window opens. In the browser, I get the 'timed out' error (not the refusal, as before).

When I did the reset to factory defaults in TOS (via the browser), everything just froze. I waited a few minutes, then logged-out in the end. When I logged back in, TOS was the same as before (4.2.39) and everything worked the same. I tried the factory default thing again - as per the instructions - but the same happened. Then I did a restart and now I can't get anything. (The red lights are solid, not flashing, as in the manual.)

Please help!

Thanks,

Chris
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Tried a few things (e.g.: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423, viewtopic.php?t=1079). I've turned off the NAS, taken out the drives and turned it on again: network light still flashing = no network. I connected the NAS directly to my laptop, still no network. (TNAS PC 5.0.22 does not work - I only get the taskbar icon, no window - Win10.)

Pleeeeeaaase help!

Cheers,

Chris
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

TNAS PC was not installed successfully. What language is your computer OS? Language compatibility issues will lead to unsuccessful installation. Will be fixed in the next version.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Afternoon - many thanks for the reply.

I've un-installed and re-installed TNAS PC but it refuses to work. (I use Revo Uninstaller.) Everything here is English - but how would that prevent the TOS from updating correctly?

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Actually, you are reporting two issues, they are two unrelated issues:
issue 1. You failed to update your TOS 4.2.39 to TOS 5.
issue 2. You are not able to install the TNAS PC client on your Windows 11 computer.

For issue 2, After receiving the issue report, we are already verifying it. we are going to release a new version of TNAS PC to fix it.

For issue 1, The information you provided is a bit confusing, I have read it several times and can't understand it.
because you never succeed to update to your TOS to 5, so your TNAS device should still work with the PC client 3.2.xx. Please try the following:

1. uninstall the new TNAS PC client 5.0.22; and install the previous 3.2.xx on your computer;
2. power off your tnas device;
2. remove all your drives;
3. power on your tnas device, and wait for about two minutes. if your device works properly, the network indicator should flesh after that;
4. search your tnas device with the TNAS PC client 3.2.xx; if the client fails to search your device, it means your device may fail to work;

let us know your results.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Morning TMroy - many thanks for the reply.

First, issue 2, I'm using a Win10 machine, not 11. I have uninstalled TNAS and will re-install a 3.2. version in a moment.

Sorry for making issue 1 sound confusing! I'll try with TNAS PC 3x and see how I get on now...

See you in a few moments.

Cheers,

Chris
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

Progress!

I installed TNAS PC 3x and it worked straight away; with no drives in the NAS, when I turned it on (per instructions), TNAS PC found the NAS almost immediately. The problem is that the IP changed - no idea why - but it went to x.13, from it's usual number.

However, now that I've run the initialisation part, when I try a browser login (Firefox or Vivaldi), the page is stuck at 'Loading' (maybe half an hour so far). What have I missed?

Also, the instructions for TOS 5 say to use TNAS PC 5.0.19 at least, but the highest listed in the F2-221 downloads is x.15. How can I get to the NAS with TNAS PC (since .22 does not work)?

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Which version of TOS you are installing on your TNAS?
Because the current new TNAS PC 5.0.22 does not work on your computer, you better keep running TOS 4.2.x before we release a new version of TNAS PC.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

ChrisOfTheOT wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 15:47 ...the instructions for TOS 5 say to use TNAS PC 5.0.19 at least, but the highest listed... is x.15...
And that says it's for Ubuntu!?