F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
ChrisOfTheOT
Great Britain

Re: F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

Post by ChrisOfTheOT »

TMroy wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 15:56 Because the current new TNAS PC 5.0.22 does not work on your computer, you better keep running TOS 4.2.x before we release a new version of TNAS PC.
I was just about to re-run the whole installation, with TOS 4x, when the 'Loading' screen disappeared and I got the TOS 5 desktop (in Vivaldi) - it took about 40 minutes. Wonder of wonders! There was some EULA (nonsense), which I couldn't get rid of as it wouldn't let me 'confirm' - until I realised there was a scroll option. I clicked & ticked and it all seems fine, so I'm not going to struggle with the down-grade at the moment. So far, so good! (I'm going to manage without TNAS PC.)

The only problem I've got is that the volume size shows as less than it should: this is because I upgraded the HD from 2 x 2TB to 2 x 4TB in RAID 1 recently. (Volume was wrong in TOS 4 as well.) I found this thread: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1543 (Online RAID Expansion), but I'm hoping there's a way to change the volume without removing the drives, etc.

Anyway, I changed the IP back and the NAS is working properly now. Thanks for your help TMroy.

Cheers,

Chris
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-221 TOS 5 Update failing (cannot re-connect)

Post by TMroy »

Finally, great to hear you are in the TOS 5 club now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)