TOS 5 and F2-210

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
buster3

TOS 5 and F2-210

Post by buster3 »

when can we expect the update on our devices? seems like FOREVER!!!!
buster3

Re: TOS 5 and F2-210

Post by buster3 »

No One wants to reply on this???

WHEN WILL WE GET TOS 5?????????
RedCraft

Post by RedCraft »

Dude, no need to panic. :D
TOS 5 This beta version is designed for testing on Intel processors. All arm processor owners are just waiting for the final result. No need to rush, I think the release will be closer to the fall ;) (IMO) Many packages are not implemented in the beta version anyway, including third-party packages. I don't think it's a good idea to replace the stable TOS 4.2 with TOS 5 beta. First there will be a release for Intel processors, then possibly for ARM processors as well. It's a long way.
f2-210
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

RedCraft wrote: 16 May 2022, 02:09 All ARM processor owners are just waiting for the final result. … First there will be a release for Intel processors, then possibly for ARM processors as well.
Anytime Terra-Master company accounts are asked about TOS 5 for ARM, they usually ignore the questioning

Examples:
It seems much more likely at this point that Terra-Master will be dropping the ARM series devices altogether.

The current lack of a beta has been a good indicator that there's likely zero further development on the ARM devices and the entire series will be end of life soon.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

From my experience of TOS 5.o you would be best waiting for the various issues to be resolved before upgrading. Its still in Beta and for good reason, (Many is the time I have been on the point of going back to TOS4.0)
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

it will be interesting to see what happens in september, as this is the date they have been talking about TOS 5 for a full year without actually releasing it
F2-210

demetry14

Post by demetry14 »

I am sure from the lack of response from TM, they are probably leaving the ARM processors on TOS 4.
~~
Demetry

F2-210
F4-210
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}demetry14
Given the official announcement today, that is correct.

All ARM-Series are to be left behind on 4.2.x. Who knows if we'll see any further updates. I'm considering my units officially EOL and will be moving on to other units.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

{L_BUTTON_AT}demetry14
Saijin_Naib wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 16:23 Given the official announcement today, that is correct. All ARM-Series are to be left behind on 4.2.x. Who knows if we'll see any further updates. I'm considering my units officially EOL and will be moving on to other units.
lack of announcing an ARM version doesnt mean its EOL, when they first started to talk about TOS5 they did make it clear they were going to get the X86 version working first, which is what they have done, what will tell the EOL is whether they now (within a resonable time) respond about working on an ARM version or not, it makes perfect sense to do one then the other given the different architectures involved
F2-210

adrian47uk

Post by adrian47uk »

{L_BUTTON_AT}demetry14
Saijin_Naib wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 16:23 Given the official announcement today, that is correct. All ARM-Series are to be left behind on 4.2.x. Who knows if we'll see any further updates. I'm considering my units officially EOL and will be moving on to other units.
Umm, typical that, the lower end units are left behind. I got my f4-210 because it was a good price and I thought at least it would be supported better than it is. Most of the apps are awful, even for basic backing up, it just got USB copy. The Arm units are good for what I need, so while not being able to update to tos 5 is a little annoying, it is not the end of the world. But I think if I did decide to go to something faster and better, i may think about different producers of Nas. i was thinking of getting a Teraamaster DAS at some point, but I think I may look at a different company.