After 4.2.30 update TOS machines disappear from network

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
titanrx8

After 4.2.30 update TOS machines disappear from network

Post by titanrx8 »

Both of my f2-221 have been randomly leaving the network since updating to 4.2.30. This never happened on 4.2.28 or earlier.

All of the lights are green and the LAN yellow flashes on the rear connector. The fans are running. Cannot ping the units, TNAS PC and mobile don't see them, the router doesn't see them. The only way to get them back onto the network is to power down and restart.

This is a guess on my part, but I believe that this is due to the changes in TOS for the disk hibernation. When the units disappear from the network, the disks appear to be spun down hibernating (only sound is from the rear fan).

I have changed one unit to never hibernate to see if this makes a difference.

Maybe enabling Wake-On-LAN can fix this?

Anyone else experiencing random network disappearances?
DDelaney01

Re: After 4.2.30 update TOS machines disappear from network

Post by DDelaney01 »

I am experiencing similar issues. Also, the unit is EXTREMELY slow to do anything when I can get to it..
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

DDelaney01 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:30 I am experiencing similar issues. Also, the unit is EXTREMELY slow to do anything when I can get to it..
Slow behavior can be the time it takes to wake the disks from hibernating. In my case the system even ignores pings so it's totally unresponsive.

@tm after 24 hours with the hibernation deactivated the system has not lost connectivity. The hibernation fix that was included in 4.2.30 seems to allow the drives to sleep but doesn't allow them to come back awake.

Also, when the drives are asleep, the system will not follow the scheduled power on/off cycles.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Thanks for your feedback, we will verify it soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joka388

Post by joka388 »

Same here on both of my F2-210 and my F4-220.
On both of my F2-210 there is connected a USB-HDD with 8TB and i can´t copy any file with the windows explorer.
Windows Explorer say the connection is broken. I see the existing folder and Files on the HDD but i can´t copy anything on the HDD.
On the HDD from the NAS i can copy files but when TinyMedia will rename the file, TinyMedia say that the connection is broken and the file cannot be renamed. But with Windows i see the folders and files. I also can play the files with a standalone Mediaplayer or Windows Software.
Also i can´t remove any folder or files from the NAS with Windwos Explorer. Massage from Windows Explorer "Check your Networkconnection". But with Google Browser i can connect to the NAS and Delete the Files or Folders directly within TOS.

Sorry for my english but school is a long time ago :-)

best regards
Joachim
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

{L_BUTTON_AT}joka388
Hi, have you ever changed your username or password? Maybe this is a problem with the Windows credentials, you can remove the TNAS user credentials, disconnect the original network mapped drive and remap with the new user information by following the directions below. viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2759
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
capnhowyoudo

Post by capnhowyoudo »

I too am having the same issue after the update with external usb drives. They were working just fine prior to the update. This needs to get fixed ASAP !
TNAS F4-210
TOS 4.2.30-2203011626
4X WD Red Plus 8TB (RAID5)
DDelaney01

Post by DDelaney01 »

titanrx8 wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 04:43
DDelaney01 wrote: 06 Mar 2022, 20:30 I am experiencing similar issues. Also, the unit is EXTREMELY slow to do anything when I can get to it..
Slow behavior can be the time it takes to wake the disks from hibernating. In my case the system even ignores pings so it's totally unresponsive.

@tm after 24 hours with the hibernation deactivated the system has not lost connectivity. The hibernation fix that was included in 4.2.30 seems to allow the drives to sleep but doesn't allow them to come back awake.

Also, when the drives are asleep, the system will not follow the scheduled power on/off cycles.
I have turned off HD sleep (BTW... that took about an hour to do... just waiting for it to even respond in control panel. Same slowness, intermittent connectivity... It doesn't matter if using Windows Explorer or TOS Desktop. Even logging into it is EXTREMELY slow, if it works at all. I had no issues until this .30 update. I can't copy files to or from the TNAS. It's basically gone out to lunch... making it useless.
joka388

Post by joka388 »

I will rename a Folder with Windwos Explorer an i get an Error - see screenshot.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-08 083451.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-08 083451.jpg (20.81 KiB) Viewed 3172 times
joka388

Post by joka388 »

This issue is only on my TNAS-F4-220 (X86).
On my F2-210 i can rename folders or files.