After 4.2.30 update TOS machines disappear from network

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: After 4.2.30 update TOS machines disappear from network

Post by TMSupport »

joebandit wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 09:43 my 2 f4-210s now show error 502 bad gateway
Please refer to the article for troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
joka388

Post by joka388 »

So, i found the problem for me why i can´t rename any Folder or somthing.
I create on TOS a new Folder and copy the Folders and files from the old Folder to the new one.
And now i can rename the folders and files like before with windows explorer.
It seems the old folder was broken by anything or what ever.
Try this out, for me it helps.
TG12

Post by TG12 »

Following a positive critique on a technology website, I was led to purchase the F2-210 for use as a compact home NAS. However, my initial experiences with the device left me feeling as though the product was fundamentally flawed upon arrival.

My setup involved two WD RED Pro 1TB drives, which I arranged in a RAID1 configuration. Unfortunately, the NAS would consistently lose its network connection and fail to respond to any kind of input or interaction. I initially theorized that the RAID 1 initialization process was the culprit behind these issues. But, despite leaving the system undisturbed for a prolonged period of over 12 hours, I saw no improvements or changes.

Out of necessity, I chose to reboot the entire system, during which I discovered that significant alterations to the sysctl settings were necessary to remedy the situation. After applying these changes, the NAS's performance significantly improved and has maintained its stability ever since.

To assist others who may be experiencing similar issues, I've developed two key resources: a file containing all the necessary tweaks, and a script to apply these adjustments. Following a system reboot, you can remotely access your NAS via SSH. From there, you can manually modify these files using 'vi' or copy them directly into the /etc directory and execute the script. Remember to change the script's permissions with 'chmod u+x' and run it as the root user.

With these modifications in place, the system's performance has been exemplary. Network dropouts have been completely eliminated, and I've managed to transfer a total of over 500GB of data and stream numerous media files without encountering any problems.

I invite all users to examine and verify these sysctl adjustments. However, do note that in my solution, I've focused on enhancing system performance rather than prioritizing energy efficiency.

https://github.com/tg12/script-toolbox/ ... _sysctl.sh

https://github.com/tg12/script-toolbox/ ... aks.sysctl